Saturday, October 15, 2022

Gratitude Journal for 14th October 2022 (Friday)

My deferred entry from 2020

Things I'm grateful about: 

  • I actually got a slot for Tokyo Marathon when everyone is dying to get a chance to run! It has a lot of eager participants since the race had been deferred for 3 years already. I actually got my slot when I balloted in 2019 and it was the 4th time I tried for the slot and the only time I got lucky. Unfortunately, COVID struck and I did not get to run after training. Now I'm super unfit and I'm not sure if I should go ahead, actually I signed up for Nagoya marathon (which is one week after Tokyo Marathon) instead, thinking I'll just try my best to get back into running aim to finish within the COT. Its less stressful as there's a lot of restrictions running TM and I'll get to travel a little after the race. Sigh, think I'll give up my TM slot and try balloting again next year when I'm more confident again.
  • I'm glad this week had passed, it's the last full week of teaching before the EYE. I think it could be the last full week we are having till the end of the term as well. 
  • I actually said farewell to a beloved ex colleague who had passed on earlier this week. She was one of the first few close mentors I had worked with when I just started teaching graduating students. I still fondly remember her mannerisms, her energy and everything even though we're no longer working together in the same school for the past decade. Its really sad but I'm glad I went to her wake and memorial service. 
Things I'm looking forward to:
  • Taking a break from my classes the next one week!
  • HHN10 tomorrow! 


No comments: