Wednesday, May 29, 2024

First post for 2024

I'm finally back after a long while and its already almost June of 2024. Once again, it's the school hols and finally I'm back here to do more blogging. In a nutshell, here's what went on the past few months...

Jan 2024: School reopened, P went home on new year's eve so I was just on my own the first few weeks of school. I wasnt thrilled but I think the school reopen blues this time round was not as bad as the previous year. Our Europe trip was great, nobody fell sick this time. Hopefully I'll blog more about it later on.

Feb 2024: Days went past in a blur as we were busy preparing for CNY in school. I stayed home most of the PH for CNY and I enjoyed the rest. 

Mar 2024: P's niece mica came and I didnt get to go for Nagoya marathon as I was on a work trip. Initially, I was not too happy that we did not get to celebrate my birthday and have some couple time but after that I felt like I was kicking up a big fuss for nothing. We went Aston's and Bird Paradise for my birthday weekend and I felt BP was kind of disappointing. After the work trip, the three of us enjoyed our March holidays in Penang and Batam, so I did not do any work at all and it was great.

April 2024: Another reason why we did not go far for the holidays is because we are honestly broke and P is going back home for a final trip before looking for a job to end off his almost 2 years break from full time job. He had survived well by selling his collection but things had been stagnant. We are very hopeful that things will be better in the second half of the year as we have plans to sell off our current home and move to a cheaper place. House viewing started in March and stopped in April as he went back home for a few weeks.

May 2024: Things get very hectic as the end of the term and the semester draws near. There were times I felt really tired as I was working non-stop through the weekends to clear the work and marking. It was really madness. On top of that, we are resuming school trip for the kids so it was really busy and stressful. On the bright side, P came home and we went house viewing and found a really nice estate that we are quite determined to move to once this place is sold. We really love our current home as its resort like but there are too many push factors to move and we are glad we are moving real close to my parents and our workplace.

The real motivation to get me through all the work and school term is of course the holidays! Travel! Last year, we've already firmed up the idea of having a family trip as it's been years since we've traveled together. Its five day trip for us in Bali so I still have more than a week to go somewhere else.

Somewhere in February, I already knew I would be traveling alone this June holidays as P felt that he's too broke and he might be working by June. I was bitten by the trekking and hiking bug since last year but didnt have the chance to do any trip, this is a type of adventure P is not keen about so I gotta do it on my own. I'll update about my coming trip in the next post...

Very belated post for 2024


No comments: