Saturday, May 30, 2020

Last weekend before CB ends and BTS (BACK TO SCHOOL!)

CB is coming to an end in a few day's time though things are far from normalcy in the coming one month, except for the fact that we're going back to school. I guess life will take some time before it return to normalcy. Even though we're going back to school, it will be quite different from the times pre-CB period. The greatest challenge for us and students is to get used to having the masks on at all times once we step out of the house.

After a 40++ days hiatus, I was back in school yesterday. It was definitely the first time I was away from school for so long. I was at home the past two weeks and did not even go downstairs so now I'm slowly adapting to life out of the house again. 

Anyway, I'm back blogging about some of my culinary adventures the past week. Diet. Exercise. Happy life during COVID-19. 


On Friday (21st May), I cooked another round of the cauliflower and cheese. It's still yummy but I was not craving for it, only cooked it as I only use half the head of cauliflower the previous time and I need to use up the remaining half before it turned bad. 



This was my fast breaker on Saturday, my version of the big breakfast. That was the last half of the tiramisu left (made 3 portions in total) and that was also my third try cooking the cloud bread, could see that I've not given up. Although it looked odd shaped and not too presentable, I was making some progress there as it can be finally considered some kind of food and bread. For a few days, I did not have dinner after workout and only drank dalgona chocolate with almond milk. I managed to lose more weight doing that. 

However, on Saturday late night, I started craving for food and weirdly, it was korean food with the kimchi taste. Watching Youtube videos to learn how to make those late night did not help as I was trying so hard not to succumb to the comfort food of instant noodles, luckily I do not have those at home anymore.







The next day, I got busy making army stew using the recipe I saved the previous night. Most of it are veggies and quite keto friendly although carrots and tomatoes can be a little carby. The stew was so satisfying that I finished the other half in the evening even though I intended to keep them for the next day.

 I have been doing the group buy for some exotic stuff on SHC facebook group and those scallops are part of those. We had decided to do a BBQ using the instant grill over the long weekend and P enjoyed grilling those scallops and yakitori even though it left our place with some BBQ smoke. I had to keep on diffusing my essential oil in the living room to get rid of the smell. The instant grill worked amazingly well though.







I gained back some weight after the day of feasting so I continued with my workouts and very light dinner for a week to get rid of the weight gain. For Monday and Tuesday meals, I had tuna and unagi as my main meal and for dinner it was just the almond milk. 

I'm proud to say we kept up with our zoom workouts daily for a month and it's sad that we have to stop after next Tuesday. I'm determined to continue with this as its easier to get things going unlike going for a jog when I had to wait till the sun goes down and sometimes I became too nuah after work. So far for the zoom workouts, I only missed two days of not working out at all as I had tuition sessions last week and got too lazy after that. Now, I've decided to wear my workout tee for tuition and start immediately after that before I get too lazy. I'm amazed by my own discipline though, sometimes I add on more workout videos to my routine after the girls had signed out from zoom.





On Wednesday and Thursday, I cooked the remainly Iberico Secreto and split it into two portions. Unfortunately, I forgot to salt and pepper those before cooking so it tasted a bit bland. I'm really proud of myself as those cloud bread finally turned out much better at the 4th try. Nowadays my appetite is really small and I dont really feel hungry even after the workouts. 

I made the lemon mug cake again this morning and grilled a piece steak. I added on the unagi as I had forgotten about finishing those the past few days. I'm hoping to keep up with the fasting and good diet plus daily workouts after I'm back in school next week. There's no time stamp on this picture as I've already gotten used to the hours of IF and dont really need the app to help me already. 

No comments: