Thursday, May 14, 2020

New toy... Sodastream...

This morning, for fast breaking, I made a lemon keto mug cake from headbanger's kitchen recipe, and it was really smooth and moist, almost like a cream cake. I think it's the best mug cake recipe I had tried out so far and I divided it into two portions, only finished it a few hours later when I felt hungry again. The glaze hardened a little and tasted even better when chilled.

Keto lemon mug cake and matcha milk tea 

My new toy
It's looking very good on my kitchen counter
A few days ago, I ordered Sodastream from their SG website, I had been thinking about getting one for a long time as I'll drink plain soda to reduce my cravings during IF. Many years ago, during my first trip to US, my sis was an avid user and I had been thinking about getting one since then. Prior to keto, I had been drinking diet soda daily and and recently I had been trying to soda water from Redmart but sometimes it's OOS. The recent splurge on online shopping finally made me bite the bullet and I finally got myself the new toy.


More keto food
Chinese egg spam fried rice
I tried a different schedule today, and had a early dinner before my tuition at 5pm. Honestly, I do feel hungry after a hard workout after tuition and cheated quite a bit. Anyway, I ordered a set of Lokarb rice and noodles from their local website and those arrived few days ago. I did not have a good impression of konjac rice during my Ketomei subscription but those came with the package, and it turned out to be the first thing I tried to cook as there is a very simple recipe for fried rice provided. It turned out really good and I'm really happy with the result. The texture and taste is really close to cooking with rice and I think the taste is better than cauliflower rice for this dish. I kept half the portion for breaking fast tomorrow morning.

No comments: