Saturday, May 09, 2020

Keto group buy and my IF meals

I've decided to do another post about IF and my diet the past week so the previous post will not be too long. Anyway, I took part in a few tuna group buys the past few weeks so that I can try those medium rare tuna, I had it in Italy and missed the taste so much. I dont really eat out so often and I've not seen it in restaurants here so I guess it must be quite rare. 

This is the version I had at Venice, really loved it!

Looking delish! (Breaking fast on Tuesday)

Honestly, its really easy to prepare those as we do not want to overcook these guys, so the best is to coat it with some oil and then black and white sesame seeds, and fry it for not more than two minutes on each side. Overcooked tuna taste really bad like those canned tuna so it'll be a waste. I think I bought 2.6kg of these over three group buys ($33/kg) and now I'm left with 1kg of those in the freezer. 

4 KG of Tey's ribeye



Breaking fast on Monday
I was hesitant to get beef as I tried it a year ago and I took a long time to finish those, even though Mum took some pieces home and P were keen in eating steak then. This time round, I have about 17 pieces of those and I'm the only one eating. The previous round was O'Conner ribeye and honestly I cant remember how it tasted already. This piece of Tey's ribeye that I've gotten doesnt have that much fats streaks unfortunately but I do love the game taste if it's not overcooked. I've already forgotten how I've prepared the medium rare steaks last year so it took some experimenting this week to get it right. The best texture for me is just 4min in the AF for each side. It's also easy enough to prepare, as I only coat the surface with salt and pepper its easily cooked in the airfryer so the cleaning up is simple.

P went around to a few places and finally found these! 

Decaf dalgona coffee to break fast on Wednesday

Keto laksa and keto bak chor mee
 I found someone who whip up delicous BCM in the keto version as the lady boss is doing keto as well. Actually the stall is somewhere in TPY North and I actually bought pork lard croutons from her last year. Anyway, i'm craving for some of these local delights and it's actually laksa and BCM without the noodles with more ingredients. The delivery fees is $10 which is about the same as Grab with my tipping so I tried it for lunch one of the days. It came a bit later than my fast breaking time and I was really hungry so I made dalgona coffee using decaf coffee powder I bought from NTUC last week.


Break fast with steak again (Thursday)

And steak again on Friday!

My new yoga mat and the dumbbells arrived

Quite a few of my online orders arrived today, the LoKarb noodles set, my Korean chilli flakes for more kimchi making and the dumbbells! Our home exercise equipment is expanding but we'll need to find space and ways to organise those properly. I've ordered another yoga mat and its also on the way but just now we went out to get dinner at J8 and we saw Watson's selling yoga mats (surprisingly) and I decided to get another one so P and I will have new mats to do our workouts on. The old mat on the left were donated by PL when she left the school years ago and I think she kept it in school for ages prior to me taking over so it could be 10 years old?  It's was still really new and rarely used and I brought it home last year when P wanted to do some floor exercises. However, with the extensive usage these days, it's disintegrating real fast and flaking all over so I need to do a lot of sweeping after my workouts daily. I've decided to just bring it back to school in case we have camps or have yoga/pilates again. 

No comments: