Sunday, May 17, 2020

Mid May updates, CB and school closure+holidays 39 days

Just a quick update on what I've been up to, other than updating my Italy trip on this blog. P had been on MC for past 4 days and we've been staying up really late as we are actually nocturnal when we do not need to wake up early for work. I almost forgot that today is already Saturday (or Sunday?) and I'm not sure when I'm going back to school yet, but currently I've gotten quite used to this mode of working and spending my time lazing around in the day. I guess it would be hard for me when we need to go back to school or the normal hours again, I've not taken a break from work and school days as long as this one before. I'm actually quite enjoying it, other than the fact that we cant travel out of the country.

Keto cauliflower and cheese for dinner
On Friday, I had to quickly break fast before my ZOOM oral session with my kids and then take a short rest before working out. After weeks of doing IF, I do not feel hungry when it's time to break fast anymore. In fact, I had no idea what I wanted to eat. I only made a keto hot chocolate in the end, did my ZOOM and then tried making a cinnamon mug cake for snack. I've tried the recipe both by baking in the airfryer and by using the microwave, but it did not turn up nice. I'm trying to use up all the cinnamon powder that we bought when P was into this cinnamon and chilli powder concoction to make his big tummy disappear. He only used those powders for a few days and now we are left with tons of that product but his tummy is just growing bigger lolx.

Anyway, I saw another Headbanger's keto recipe that seemed really easy and whipped up this keto cauliflower and cheese for dinner since I did not know what to eat and had no specific cravings. It turned out really nice and easy to cook so I'll probably try it again soon.

Surprise banana cake

A lovely note

Not bad for breaking fast
Today my insurance agent and family friend surprised me by sending over a freshly baked banana cake, it looked very and seemed to taste really nice too but unfortunately it's not keto. I'm not going to waste the cake so I'll just have some small bites daily. I woke up when it was almost noon but it was past 2pm and I still did not know what to eat and I was not too hungry either. I'm not sure if I'm really adapted to IF and can go for longer hours or it's my shark week effect. Last night and this morning, I was trying to whip up keto cloud bread but both times it failed.

I have very limited space on the kitchen counter so I'm quite reluctant to get extra gadgets if they're going to be white elephant. I've been using the airfryer for some baking but it does not work for some baking recipes, I guess cloud bread is one of them. I saw the keto cloud bread recipe for the longest time and it was quite popular years ago but I did not have the chance to try it since I lack the gadgets. I also do not have a electric whisk and I thought I can never whisk the egg whites to stiff peak but I'm surprised I've managed to do it manually. In fact, I only realised it when whipping up the dalgona chocolate for P a few days ago. I finally decided to get a electric whisk as lately I'm quite keen in keto bakes again but I'm still undecided about that small oven as it does take up space. Right now, I already have some gadgets lying around in kitchen cabinets that I do not utilise regularly, one huge steamer and one blender that we bought before moving in, another blender given by a friend and the waffle machine I bought last year when waffles was the keto trend.


Keto peanut butter cookies
I'm really into baking these few days and a few hours ago, I've baked my first batch of cookies using airfryer. Thankfully it turned out fine after I left the cookies to cool for quite some time. I guess it's the texture of the keto cookies, these are quite crumbly when they were still hot. It's my IF period so I only tried a very small bite to taste, honestly I think I do not really fancy them as it's quite dry, I do not eat peanut for the longest time as I felt that it's heaty and it made my throat dry. I only started liking peanut butter in M&Ms these few years and lately bought peanut butter to mix into keto ice cream. I guess I would use these cookies to make the base of cheesecake if I'm in the mood the next few days.

No comments: