Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Another random day, random thoughts


My kind of big breakfast
I'm quite happy with my fast breaker today, I made myself a very sumptuous brunch. It had been quite sometime since I did the mug cake recipe, but I did the 90sec almond mug cake today and fried it in the pan with eggs and spam, and it turned out tasting better.


Aunty Sylvia posted this nice photo
I've been wanting to post this. It was posted a few days ago by P's aunt on Mother's Day. It's a group photo taken by P when P's aunt and family came to Singapore with lola and we brought them around. Lola is in the pic too and I really love P's very lovely family, I'm so blessed to be a small part of their family.

Doing my own manicure

Cheap and nice nail stickers

One of the services I really missed during this COVID period is my monthly manicure. P had solved the issue of my haircut and now it's my nails. Two weeks ago, I finally removed my last gelish nail polish done in March, it had lasted seven long weeks but my fingernails were getting too long. I had been going to home based salons the past few years but now such services had stopped due to COVID but my nails will keep growing. I had to order a kit from Qoo10 to remove the gelish polish on my own and I cant believe how easy it actually was.

I also chanced upon this website selling nail stickers and I bought 10 sets at one go as it's just $2 per set, meaning each of my gelish manicure session can get me 30 sets of these stickers. It finally arrived today and I tried pasting them on tonight, it's not perfect like doing manicure as my nail beds are bigger than normal standard sizes and the stickers do not cover some parts of my fingernails edges. I was also too lazy to trim the sticker shape to fit my cuticles to the exact shape but it is still a cheap investment and I can change many designs over the next few weeks once they start to peel off. I'm supposed to put on a layer of nail top coat so that they will last longer but I was not able to find it at NTUC/Guardian/Watson's and I just ordered it online today.

New tricks learnt! 

No comments: