Monday, September 13, 2004

Yo yo.. I'm back at home, bathed and had dinner at 6.30pm!!

Well, well, though I kept complaining that we poor PGDE pple are not having our hols this semester, the school experience did help a little to soothe my anguish. Becos, it's ahem.. a rather slack experience. Here's what I did today:

I reported at 7am and left the school around 1.30pm.. woah.. and in between I only had 2 hours of lessons which I have to observe, luckily I was smart enough to bring in some reports that I intend to complete this week. The other NIE trainee in the morning session even brought his own laptop to do his stuff.. Hmm... But of course, all this is really an illusion. I only have 21 periods of lessons on my timetable this week but for all other teachers its more than 40 periods per week, excluding CCAs, remedials and meetings. Sigh.. My CTs (cooperating teachers, and in layman's term, the teachers whom I'm attached to) didn't have time to speak to me much, as they only had one measly break the whole day. So I was left alone most of the time..

2pm- Reached Northpoint, went to look look see see around.. Decided to head for Causeway point after getting some stuff.
2.45pm- Reached Causeway Point, made appointment to trim my eyebrow and head for the library
3.30pm-Eyebrow trimming at Metro
4pm-Head back to Sun Plaza
4.20pm- Visted the dentist at Sun Plaza
5.30pm- After some polishing and scaling, plus filling up SIX cavities (!!) at the dentist, I reached home!!

See, I did all that in a day, whereas in my normal NIE Mondays, I only just finished my lesson at 5.30pm!! Well, maybe this is only the first day, so probably it's rather free and easy, but I think it's still better than no slacking all at.. =)

Yeah.. I did throw in $290 just to beautify myself today, and of course.. majority of it went to the dentist. That shows that there's no ugly woman in the world, only POOR woman. I must mention that the dental benefits for civil servants, or maybe just for us teachers, is really miserable. The claims for medical can go up to $350 per year, but I can only claim $70 for this dental visit, and that's all for this year. This is really unfair to me, as I hardly visit the doctor the whole year, yet one visit to the dentist can cost a bomb! It's a discrimination to those who are just born healthy yet with bad teeth, namely..yours truly.

Sigh..speaking of the dentist, I had very bad experiences as I need lots and lots of fillings done ever since I was in primary school. There's perpetually some decay somewhere every minute, or every second, of my life. I was called to the 'missy' many times more often than my classmates when I was in primary school, I get to miss a lot of lessons but as a result, was really traumatised. The dentist chair is really my biggest phobia in life! My last visit to the dentist before today was 2 years ago, and that was a 'marathon' session that cost almost $300 bucks too, as even my front tooth was decaying! Ouch.. had you ever had your front teeth filled up b4?

I really had to push myself to the dental clinic today as I saw black spots in between my front teeth a few days back*groan*, my stomach was practically churning and my palms sweaty on my way there. I took my painless eyebrow trimming as a sign that my threshold for pain is higher today..

And yes, I was really lucky as today's visit to the dentist was almost painless.. Maybe due to its due to good surgery skills, better technology or maybe just more mental preparation on my part. Phew...

By the way... this long blog just shows that I had no monday blues today! =)


No comments: