Tuesday, September 28, 2004

Mid-autumn.. aka Mooncake festival

It's mid-autumn tonight! The moon is supposed to be bright bright and nice nice at this particular night of the year.. So just now, after I woke up from my nap and realised it's after nightfall, I looked out of the window expecting to see the round moon but it was nowhere in sight. No moon!???

I went downstairs to get my dinner and decided to take a walk to NIE, in search of the moon.To my disappointment, it didn't turn up.. 为什么会这样?月亮失约了!As I turned back from NIE to head back to hall, finally spotted it rising up from behind the roof.

When I was younger, I'll go to the park with my family with a box of mooncakes and our lanterns on the night of the mid-autumn. The excitement was to light up the candles and make it melt everywhere, and then burn up our lanterns at the end of it. The last few years, I only remembered about it when I saw kids playing with their lanterns at the playground downstairs, on my way home. And this year is the best, nobody playing with lanterns, no laughter coming up from the playground.. can do nothing but only my reports, so pathetic leh.. Speaking of which, I just finished one before I went to nap today, finally! But I still have approximately 239399595 more reports to do... I'll spend another 200 years in NIE.


Talking about reports and work is always depressing..heehee.. I even got quite sick of the moon last night when I was cramming for a test.

一钩弯月,一轮明月,一泓满月,还有一粒月亮,一丸月亮!

How creative.. Hahaha, my favourite is the last two, as it reminded me of the egg yolk in the mooncakes. =P Actually, the moon reminded me of the delicious salted egg yolk just now, it's so yellow and big, almost dripping with a bit of oil. Hahahaa.. Last year, I was telling my friend "Eh, tonight the moon like egg yolk hor?".. he thought I was crazy.

天若有情天亦老,月如无痕月常圆

No comments: