Friday, March 26, 2004

Oh my, it's finally weekend!
Previously, I can't imagine why those people working keep complaining that they don't have life. Now, I've got it, my dear friends.
I DON'T HAVE A LIFE TOO!!
Yesterday was the second day of my teaching in school, and I was really damn tired after my lesson and tuition. Really pushing myself to go for tuitioning these few days, whereas in the past it had already become a habit and part of my routine. I'm so tired.. and I'm only awake for like, an hour or two at home each day. Last night, I came home at 9.30pm after tuition, and knocked out by 10.30pm. Read this, I KNOCKED OUT.. not fell asleep. Then this morning, I woke up around 9 plus (actually woke up at 6am but went back to sleep again), and it's time to report to school again. Sheesh.. don't know why it's so super duper tiring when I only have maximum 4 hours of teaching per day. And the books to mark are already piling up high on my desk.. contempleting if I should go back to mark my books tomorrow. And I thought I don't have to work on Saturdays anymore!!


My students
The kids are pretty nice..and ermm cute. You can see the stark contrast between NUS students and my primary 1 pupils. During tutorials, everyone will act busy or avoid the tutors eyes when questions were being asked in uni. But, if you ask my primary 1 students about anything...they will enthusiastically put up their hands, whether they know the answer or not. There's a constant flow of hand raising that I can hardly bear to move on the the next question, some were practically having their butts lifted off from their seats, waving their hand to catch attention. It's just like I was having a room full of Hermione Granger at Hogwats. But most of the time, it got quite irritating as the most common questions/complaints were..

"Lao shi.. ta da wo!! (he beat me)" OR

"Lao shi.. wo yao qu xiao bian (I wanna go pee)" OR

"Lao shi.. wo yao he shui (I wanna drink water)" OR

other more nonsensical stuff.. Once you've given permission for one person, every pupil's bladder will work extra hard to make sure that they got the sudden urge to go toilet.

The most memorable incident came when a wide eyed little girl came up to me and point at the boy behind her "Lao Shi.. ta shuo "Ch**b**"(the famous hokkien vulgarity). She told me this matter-of-factly and went back to her seat. My god.. kids nowadays.

No comments: