Wednesday, March 17, 2004

A happening day

Saw Danping's updated blog. Think I forgot to click on refresh when I was viewing her blog the past few days..so it's always the 'I'm so bored bored bored' blog, and the horrible hokkien song (I always quickly click the stop button on the tool bar so my colleagues and family wouldn't think that I'm must be mad), then navigate away when there's no new blogs. Then viola! Seems like she's in a much better mood these few days, with a nice friend to have dinner with and the Dilbert comics. But ermm.. I really couldn't get the joke about the air gap, maybe I'm too dense? Hopefully danping should enlightened me the next time I see her.

I must be getting my retribution for being a caramel and gloating ove the misfortune of Danping's FYP. I'm in serious trouble this time. Still quite traumatised by the whole incident, though I don't know once again why I'm so suay. The whole story started when I overslept and didn't go for work this morning (it's actually my OFF day today but I'm thinking of working today and claiming my OFF on Friday, as it's already the last day of work), thinking that I'll go in the afternoon instead) I'm already looking forward to the start of the next term and finishing these few days of the last bit of my contribution at my current job. I was really tired as the last two days I was working full days. Eh..for those of you who had been holding a full time job since 3 hundred years ago, I have to remind you that I'm only officially a full-timer from next week onwards and currently I have the problem of waking up late as I don't have the habit of sleeping before 2am at night. Okay..I'm digressing..

The point is that I overslept and I woke up in trouble! My dad woke me up in my dreams around 11am and told me that there's some friends looking for me at the door. I woke up really groggily and confused, who will be visiting me at this hour on a weekday morning?? I went to the door to be greeted by a guy and a lady who asked me some questions ( I forgot what they asked) and flashed me their ID before asking me to invite them in. It turned out that they were from the CID (the real criminal investigation department okay?) and they started with some questions regarding my current job. I was really horrified and thought that I must be dreaming.. I'm being arrested for being late for work!! I was really curious.. and turned out that someone had hacked into my company's account and they traced the IP to my home. My god, I had lots of experience interacting with the police but none of them was in this manner. They took my old NEC laptop, my old desktop (which had both crashed almost at the same time) back for investigation, and luckily they left my new precious desktop at home for me to blog my frustrations right now.

I really have a thousand questions in my mind after they left. Although I'm quite internet savvy, I can only check emails, blog and maybe set up some bo liao homepage, but I have totally no idea how could I be involved in some hacker scam and cause serious damage to my company. And the best part is, I totally had no idea that my company is into this kind of investigation when I thought that the manager should at least have spoke to me beforehand about this. It's just a small educational centre, so I have no idea how much can be damage. Luckily I'm not working in the ministry of defence. Sigh.. I still have to specially go down to have my statement taken for the case, and I have no idea how long the investigation will take. To all the avid readers of my blog, please pray for me that I won't be charged and taken to jail, though I have absolutely no idea what is going on.



On a lighter note
Yes, on a lighter note.. I've received my school posting. Ta-da!! The greatest irony in the history of education. I'm being posted to Ang Mo Kio primary school which is opposite San's place. And where is she having her practicum now? At sembawang primary school which is just opposite my house. What is this man?!!!! Okay lah...at least I'm not being posted to a school in Bedok and I've just contacted the VP.. she informed me that I'll probably be in the afternoon session, so no worries about waking up at 5.30am every morning like what San is doing now. Phew! But the sad thing is, I'm finally able to be in the judging panel for the finals of campcraft competition this year (I'm working during the prelims) as this Sat is my OFF day too.. BUT the VP had requested me to go down and meet her on Saturday morning. Haizz.. I have to disappoint the chief judge again.

I'm really sad today, but still think it's sweet of Danping to remind me and the whole world about my anniversary day. Hee hee..

No comments: