Monday, July 07, 2003

Yeah... my Xiaoxing is finally revived, with new motherboard, new speaker and new battery. Just scrolled down my blog and realised that I had been living without it since 25th April, that's more than two months since it went dead! Jolene will be thrilled as all her photos are intact, they didn't reformat the hard disk afterall, all the 'recent' documents used were all my notes for exams, term papers etc. I just can't believe how all these things are really useless to me now (I've deleted all the school stuff of the last semester rightaway).. =P But I'm still glad that some of the stuff are still here, at least I don't have to reinstall all the programs and download the songs again, even some the songs seems outdated now. =) This shows that sometimes you can get used to living your life without certain things; it may once seemed unbearable for you to part, but it's just a matter of time before we all get used to it. Life goes on... I think I've even cured quite a bit of my internet addiction in these few months, and I'm sleeping earlier and earlier every night instead of surfing aimlessly. I think probably the next time I'll be here in school again is convocation day!

Initially thought that I would be free the whole day, all my younger friends are going back to poly to start their new semester today, and all the other older friends are either bumming around or working their heads off. Was rather surprised when Edwin called to meet up for coffee later, I think he must be too bored on the first day of school. Although I have to travel to Bishan for tuition later and then come back to Clementi again for dinner and coffee with them, I'm quite glad that they've not forgotten me after I've MIA for a few weeks. I've been skipping quite a few of the gatherings, meetings etc.. this had never happened and everyone must be wondering what I'm up to.. =P

No comments: