Wednesday, July 23, 2003

Forbes Research Pte Ltd
Job Title Research Executive
Location Anson Road
Date Posted Friday, July 11, 2003


Responsibilities

Typical duties of an RE include meeting clients to identify the research problem, designing questionnaire, performing statistical analysis using SPSS, writing report and making presentations using PowerPoint. People who do well as a researcher are strong in both numerical and written language skills. They also tend to be analytical and highly critical in thought.


Requirements


Candidates must have a Merit or Honours degree in Business, Statistics, Psychology or Social Science.

Good knowledge of SPSS is essential for the position.

Distinctions in GCE 'O' or 'A' Level in English and or General Paper are much preferred.

Those who have done market research courses will have an advantage.

Applicants should be Singaporean citizens or hold relevant residence status.

Fresh graduates / Entry level applicants are encouraged to apply.

2 Full-Time positions available.

Hmm, I surfed into NUS ejob centre one fine day last week to see how's the job market is like and then I just 'happened' to send in my resume for quite a few jobs which I think I fitted the given requirements. The ejob service is one which you can just upload your resume and then apply for as many jobs as you wish. Everything is just a click away, yeah! I think I just wanted to see what will happen after that, and I had been happily clicking away for quite sometime already..heee. And then for this particular job, the Forbes director emailed me to ask for my O level English and GP results (hmm..don't think it's considered distinctions, isn't it?) I gave them the information and indicated that my SPSS knowledge is basic and I thought that it would be the end of what I'll hear from them. By right, I should be glad to know that at least they've shortlisted me for an interview, but I'm really quite apprehensive about it. I hate interviews! I think I really lack the eloquence, actually I don't even like to talk to people. I'm anti social. Sigh..looking on the bright side, at least this will be the start of the 20 interviews which I'll flunk before I land myself a job next year (hopefully!). Yah, it's a good start, and this is ironic actually; I'm not sure if I'm being optimisitic or pessimistic now. Heheh..maybe I should make it into a fun and interesting 'outing' for myself to gain some exposure...=P Now I'm really quite anxious as I think they'll test me on SPSS which I've long forgotten how to get it running after passing my stats II like more than a year ago.. Yah, I bet my blog will get to hear from me soon..=)

No comments: