Tuesday, July 27, 2004

Oh my god! Look at the timestamp now, my brand new desktop is finally working after a long 12 hours battle! Actually it was more than that, Mr DDD was here in our room helping us with our comp since 2pm this afternoon...

Really really have to thanks Mr DDD for buying all the casing, motherboard, monitor, keyboard and other comp peripherals from sim lim and brought them all the way here to install my new comp for me in hall. He was really tired when he was leaving our room around 1.3oam! Oh man, my comp was actually working before DDD and my roomie Danping went out for dinner, but the moment I came back and happily tried to run a test on it, it kena virus attacks and hackers attack non-stop. It was just like the men of Gordor entering the realm of Mordor and getting a serious attack from the orcs. Opps, sorry for the metaphor, I'm catching up with my reading of LOTR right now. *sheepish* Heehee.. Anyway, DDD was tired as he has interview and stuff on tomorrow (feel quite guilty), so he left me all the installation disks and everything to let me try reformatting the hard disk on my own, all over again. And I succeeded!! Yeah.. it was just like Frodo overcoming all his obstacles and getting his task done! Hahahaha.. but I suspect it's because the hackers are all asleep by this time. Arghh.. lousy NTU network.

Okay, anyway, lots and lots of kudos to my poor roomie Danping as she had to accompany her worse enemy DDD in hall the whole day due to me having lectures and tuitions on the first day of school. Her comp also kena virus attacks but it had been such a long day for us that she's knocked out long ago. Me promise to help her re-format tomorrow to repay all her kind deeds during the past 2 days. =P Heehehe, machiam I computer guru liao.

Yeah, although my new comp (lets call it Neonblue as it has ah-beng neon blue lights on the CPU) is a odd combination of colours and consisting beige philips monitor, white logitech keyboard and wire-less mouse plus the metal CPU, it's cheap and serving me well (for the past one hour..haha) Yippie!! I'm alive again! Can you belive it? I'm paying my ass off two new desktops (Neonblue & Daxing) and a lok kok laptop at the same time (Xiaoxing), pocket burning big hole siah.. =P


No comments: