Tuesday, September 23, 2003

Yep.. I'm certain feeling some kind of guilt after reading Danping's blog, people are dying doing FYP and getting killed by all sorts of boredom, and here I am..wondering who to go and watch the movie with. Hahahaa...I'm one lucky pig indeed. =P How about this? I've done nothing but slept the whole day away and went for a leisure swim in the evening.. hee hee, certainly no Monday blues for me! Yeah, at certain moments when people are dreading to go to work or going back to school after a tiring weekend, I think I have no problem with resting all my worth on Monday.

It's Casey's birthday today, she's only half a year older than me but I've realised that she really leading her life very different from me. She's already working, have her own family and flat, and of course everyone knows where I am right now. Slacking! Hahahaa.. I think I'm more like a student while she's already on her way to become an Auntie.. ahem! I mean a real family woman. =P Met up with her, Aichin and Nic yesterday evening after I'm back from OBS; it's also due to the lucky fact that I don't have other committments to rush on Monday, so dragged myself there after having dinner with Giam and Wu. Now I think it's really true that people whom we used to think are the last ones to get married will be the first instead. Casey was telling me about this crappy and crazy senior whom I known since I was in Sec One (she was my councilor and she called herself 'Sticky') who just went through her customary wedding. Oh my.. when we were still in school absolutely nobody can imagine her getting married so soon!! Well, so I guess maybe the next person will be Danping.. hahahhahahaha..

Recently did a test which somebody sent to me, and my mental age is only 20 years old, ermm.. so what does that mean? I hope I'm certainly not horrifying immature and childish. But I agree that I'm quite non-chalent about life.. people used to call it 'boh chup' but I've found a nicer word for it now. =) Meaning is still the same though..hahhaa.. Anyway, we had a lot of time our first night there at OBS and a lot of energy left, so was having a lot of crappy chit-chatting and 'fooling around' making Giam our main target. But amidst of it, Vernon brought up a serious qns about why all of us wanted to go for coaching. I guess I'm one lucky pig who happened to meet the right time and right people unlike the rest of them who were being volunteered, it was really pure luck for me. =P It's more of like a herd mentality... like what Wu mentioned. Wouldn't try to make up a noble reason, I think I also can't speak of the real reason. But nevertheless, there's certainly quite an amount of positive motivation for me, I guess it's really intrinsic. Hee hee.. Maybe when I'm starting off something new I really need company, but now I've realised that all my 'comrades' are all missing in action, but I'm still around in the team, and involved in the next IPC. Yah, and if you scroll down my blog of the past few mths, I did mention that the last time is my last time, BUT now it's the same thing!!?? Why am I doing all this as if I've just graduated from J03??Can't believe me right.. guess I'm really an idiot, but at least I'm a happy idiot, and somehow there's still a fair amount of intrinsic motivation to justify... =) I think people are starting to suspect I'm taking a year long break like Stef Sun (yah right.. and as if I've got the $$$ like her), taking my own sweet time to go kayaking, go for CI course, go Ramunia before it's time to work!! Siao.. but even I myself suspect that I may be doing exactly that. =P Well, think everything needs motivation to be carried out, either intrinsic or extrinsic.. waiting for that day to come. Realised that I've missed studying after going to OBS course, I'm the kind who enjoy taking in knowledge from words and strings of sentences. I like learning through theory even more than practical. Mum is encouraging me to further my studies, sort of comtemplating about borrowing/getting money from my parents to do the part time course. But still in a dilemma. Partly due to the nature of the course and mainly, borrowing money means that I'll be restricted in my activities after that, and I know I'll hate that.

No comments: