Friday, September 26, 2003

Sigh.. still having flu and I've skipped tuition to have more rest at home, hope it's not going to spoil my weekend at OBS tomorrow.. =( Quite sickening yeah??

Anyway, was really excited when I saw the new school ranking on the papers today. NANYANG had finally beaten the CHINESE HIGH SCHOOL!! Oh man, I think this really calls for a celebration, and maybe NY should have one week of school holidays next week. Hahahaa..fat hopes though. I've had been out of there for years... but think the school really did instil the wrong values of being competitive about the school ranking and results in us. Hee hee..=P In my fond memories, the whole school will be really tensed the day when the 'O's results are out (it will also determine if the school will declare a holiday, which always happened to fall near my birthday..=P), or when the top 50 school ranking is out. And our principal (old Mrs Ng) will specially call for an assembly to slowly analyse the results to us, putting on more stress to the graduating batch and brain-washing everyone. Duh.. =P Those were the days.. I remember during one of the combined sports day with the Chinese High School (think I was only Sec 2), the principal of that school gave a speech and reminded us girls not to be too competitive or something like that, must always 'give in' to the boys. Hmm..that had certainly achieved a negative effect and from that day onwards, it was always the dream of the whole school to be more hardworking and beat those gloaters hands down. =P Maybe we can call it the 'Nanyang Dream'.. heehee.. took us so many years to achieve it..

Come to think of it, the enemity is rather childish (my impression of tchs had always been baddddd), heh heh.. but brought back many fond memories of yesteryears. =)

No comments: