Sunday, August 24, 2003

Yurong is back after a week of no blogging.. lots of things had happened as usual..so a long long post.. =)

He's gone
My boy boy flew to US for six weeks last Friday. Had been anticipating it for so long, so it's also good that he's finally gone.. so that he'll come back sooner! =) The best part of the whole thing was the surprise Wu and Giam gave us. I must admit that out of all the surprises that Serene had planned in the past, this is one of the best. But I think Wu who was dragged into her 'surprise' scheming didn't enjoy it a bit..hahhaa.. I had taken a part in it before and I was wondering and cursing the whole time why she could do such a dumb thing. But it was good to be at the receiving end, really appreciated it for once. Last year, they came to fetch me at the airport when I was back from Thailand, and hid behind some bushes or flower pots so I couldn't spot them when I collect my barang at the belt. So I took my own sweet time at the DFS and was getting out of the arrival hall before they appeared. Was really surprised.

Anyway, this time they paid a higher price as both of them actually stayed over at the airport to send Hock Sui off. Was really convinced that Miss Giam wouldn't appear (although she's a really warm hearted creature ) when she msg me to apologise the previous night, as she had a busy time with briefing for the Pri 5 camp before that. So i didn't suspect that it might be Giam surprise scheme again. Haha.. poor Danping was dragged in to spend the night at the cold airport with her, and both of them had to go to school after that. But was glad that I don't have to take a cab back alone, and we went for breakfast before we slowly take the bus to town and they went to school. Giam also sent a nice msg to me, think they were really there to give me moral support, and accompany me back. Also a good thing as I saved money from taking cab back and he could be more 放心 when he left. Initally thought that I would be rather sad, but just felt quite excited once we reached the airport very early that morning. I felt so much like going somewhere on the plane too! Anyway, promised to give Wu and Giam a treat next time..hee hee..

Hmm, still have the strange feeling that something is missing, esp after I woke up later that day. But guess will get used to it and Yurong's life will get back on track soon. Had been feeling rather low and grumpy towards the later part of the previous week, 43 more days to go only! Heee..

ATC
Slept for 5.5 hours after reaching home, stayed up the whole night with Hock Sui and was damn tired. But had to drag myself up to pack for ATC, go for tuition, then make my way to Changi. Had totally forgotten that I'm supposed to be at camp, and left my booties and jungle hat at club. Was panicking when I was packing my stuff in a rush. Felt so much like blogging but gave up the idea as I didn't even have the time to bathe. Was deciding if I should make a trip to the club when I saw the black cap that was given free to us for our help at the 'Charity swim event'. Although I'm not a 'cap' person, I'm certainly glad to find that alternative. The next trickier issue is the booties as both pair of my wet shoes are at club. Then miraculously, I spotted a pair of 'Go Sport' blue booties lying on top of my cupboard. Tried them on and Lo and behold!!, they fitted just nice and were quite new somemore. I really couldn't believe how lucky I was and until now I racked my brains a hundred times but still can't figure out when did I ever borrow/steal that pair of booties home. Nevertheless, I was damn lucky.

First night arrived at camp, I was very bored. I can't imagine how I could run around the whole place and conduct ATC enthusiatically previously. But the last time I've been to Area camp is already 2 years back, and it was still at the mini old place. Think it was last year or the year before when Danping went to the last NYGH atc with her best friend, but I was busy. Really felt a generation gap with the CIs there now, as most of them from Area 15 are brand new (from the last few batches and thus 4 or 5 years younger than me) and I didn't feel like making friends that night. Couldn't believe that I went to the bunk and fell asleep like the other officers. One good thing about the new campsite is the bunks and you can always hide inside and slack without telling the whole world. Was glad to see Tiancai there, and he welcomed me with food and drink although he was complaining about my area the whole time. The next day was really surprised and happy to see Casey at the campsite too, but it was already at the end of the day and I was about the leave the place. Had 6 rotations of kayaking activities in 9 hours, I felt like a radio and was really tired repeating the same old things to the cadets.


The wait
Not particulary waiting for phone calls, but thought that he might try to contact me once he settled down at US. Figured out that he was still flying when I'm already in camp for ATC, but had the phone with me the whole time. The next day have to leave my phone in the bunk when kayaking and almost forgot all about it till half of the lunch break had finished. There was a few missed calls and 2 were w/o numbers, so it might be from overseas. Really wanted to kick myself as the last one was only 2 minutes before I checked on my phone..sigh. Had my phone with me till I needed to go into the water but no more calls came in. Had a hunch that it must be phone calls from US. Rushed to check on my phone again when the next activity cycle is over at 3pm and there were two more missed calls w/o numbers, at 12 plus and 1 plus.. Sigh, really no fate, that was what my friend tried to "console" me. =P After that, I figured out that it's already wee hours at US side, so no more calls and I got out of camp that evening. Slept all the way from one end of 969 to the other end, was too tired to alight from the bus along the way. I got home and was already in bed when the phone rang. Finally man, was so glad to hear from him from the other side of the phone. Hahaha..although reception wasn't very good and had to call back a few times but I was happy, at least he survived the long plane ride and also haven't forgot all about me. =) The time where he's now is around 15 hours slower, so it's quite strange when speaking in different time zones, it was only 6.30am of Sat morning for him when he called. Oh yeah..got a call from him again this afternoon, happy yo..=)

Dum dum
Dum dum is a grass monster that Hock Sui bought for me last Friday. It had started to sprout grasses today. Hmm..maybe will show you how it looks like later on, because now there's little bits of hair coming out and it's still a bit ugly..hee hee.. Yesterday came back from ATC and remembered that I was late in letting it drink water, so soaked it in the kitchen.. but I dozed off soon after that. Think Mum saw it swimming around in the tub when she came back and fished it out for me. I guess the swim did it some good as grasses started to come out today. =) Hopefully it's not going to die too soon!

No comments: