Wednesday, August 27, 2003

The weather here been pretty cool since last Saturday. It was real hot when I was having kayaking for the first part of the afternoon, then the last activity cycle was affected by thunderstorm, lightning and huge waves.

Driving
Had been getting downpours for a few days now, and during my driving lesson yesterday. First time I switched on the demister, wiper and headlights in the car. *proud* hee hee.. But it was exciting since visibility was low, a bit scary too. I had encountered four instructors so far, and my driving experiences was never as bad as my sis described. Hahaha..think it's the reciprocity effect at work. My conclusion is that the older and uglier instructors are the more patient ones. Anyway, all of them were quite patient with me although I'm quite dumb, or maybe their impatience didn't have any effect on me. Maybe they just didn't realise, if I know how to drive very well already, wouldn't need to spend such a great sum of money on it right?

Yesterday I was assigned this good looking guy for the 2nd time , first time I saw him was really excited as finally I got somebody who's decent looking. But right after that previous session which was more than a mth ago, I really condemned him as he was the only one who failed me in a lesson. I think I still prefer the old and uglies. My eyes were glued to the road the whole time anyway, so it doesn't matter whether it's Tom Cruise or Moses Lim sitting next to me for that 100 minutes. This driving instructor resembled Malcolm, a FI I had met in HQ and he even speaks like him. He's something like a male version of a bimbo, a female who's pretty but brainless. I'm a bit being mean, as he wasn't that disgustingly brainless actually, and I think he was trying to keep himself awake in the cool weather by chatting brainlessly about my past time, reasons why I'm so tanned, and why I don't look like my resume photo. Sigh, I don't mind entertaining young teens but somehow a grown man in his twenties talking like that is a bit 'funnie'. I can't stand talkative guys in the first place, and I don't really like to discuss about my life stories with such acquaintances. Just wondering why they have this term 'bimbo' for ladies but not the guys. Nevermind, I'll just address him as an idiot. And I noticed that most good looking guys I know are brainless, maybe I'm being biased and generalising but there's very very few exceptions. Even Tom Cruise is quite brainless, what's so good about Penelope Cruz? God is really fair in this sense. It's either these good looking guys are brainless, or they are born with very low EQ. But I have to admit that guys are better drivers in a sense, and I'm going to be a lousy driver even if I have a license in future.

I'm in a cynical mood tonight..haha..

Him and her?
Two friends of mine just broke up recently..with each other. I not really very close to either of them, but the girl in question is a close friend of my close friend. Hmm.. so somehow quite close. I think naturally girls will side with the girls, unless for exceptional cases. As it is, only the people involved will really know what happened, but frankly, it's quite true that "长痛不如短痛" and people should be living to enjoy life and be happy right? So isn't it unwise to stay with someone that will hurt you and make you sad, regardless of whether it's the right person or not. I guess if someone really likes you, he/she will try their best to make you be happy no matter what. Yep, I'm quite cynical again. Hee hee, I even noticed that in 音乐日记, or Aunt Agony that kind of thing, they'll encourage you to give up, instead of holding on. (Speaking of which, I haven't been catching music diary for quite a long time..) Heh heh, but I also know that, it's possible to stay away from arguements, quarrels, fights and unhappiness. Maybe it's the temperament, or it's the chemistry, but somehow, I know.

No comments: