Thursday, August 14, 2003

Did you know?
Did you know that "One United People" beat its predecessors to become the most easily remembered national song? Songs for Singapore were first commissioned in 1984, beginning with "Stand Up for Singapore."



Pedicure
Went for my first pedicure today, figured out that I had spent hundreds of money on my hair, some money on my eyebrows and quite an amount on my face but had been neglecting my poor feet. Hee hee.. Aileen say that I'm starting to behave like a 'tai tai', it's really a luxury kind of thing but I just enjoy spending my money in this manner. Sighs..that explains why I'm always broke. =P First of all, the person brought a big tub of water to soak my feet, there's this milky moisturizing lotion which was dissolved in the water (supposed to make the skin better), and the tub got a massaging effect as the bottom of it was vibrating the whole time. Then she used a scrub and lotion on my legs, removed the deadskin on my feet, filed my toenails, trimmed the cuticles and finally painted them very nicely! I think the whole process took up more than an hour, but I'm quite satisfied at the end as I can never be bothered to take the time to paint my nails, it's really a hassle to get it done nicely. Can't help admiring my feet on my way home..hahaha.. Was trying to imagine the situation if the customers got very stinky feet with disgusting dirt at the toes, then the poor girls there still have to do their jobs, yucks!

The person who was serving me was saying that my toenails were in bad condition, chipping off and peeling etc. Luckily she didn't ask me why my legs are in different colours. Hmm.. Its the same as the times when I go to the salon, the hairdressers will start commenting on how dry my hair is, lots of split ends etc. Sounds like it's really in very bad condition, but I can't be bothered as I think actually I still look quite human, and it's all a marketing gimmick!! Yah, I'm trying to console myself and to prevent myself from falling into the trap. In the market, I'm really amazed at the range of products they can actually come up with just for hair, face, skin etc. I think if I indulge in everything, two things will happen:

1. I'll be super broke, unless I'm really rich.
2. I'll take up the whole day to finish applying this and that everyday.


So the conclusion is that all these are for those rich 'Tai tai' who got money to spend and nothing better to do, or for those super paranoid people. Which reminds me of a friend from JC who really took a long time whenever we went to Guardian pharmacy. She looked at the products on the shelves and started thinking that she got many flaws all over her body, even 'wrinkle-preventing' cream caught her attention. Goodness...and we were only 18.

Loneliness
Loneliness can kill, but it's all a perception to me. From what I see, everyone can be lonely from one point of time or another, but it's just whether you think you are lonely or not. So it's just a physical lonely or psychological lonely kind of thing. Get it? Hmm, have been thinking about this for a while lately, I think I enjoy loneliness, but realised a lot of people are very scared of it. Some of my friends complain about loneliness all the time, or just seek friends to accompany them for meals. But I prefer to eat alone, am I weird or something? Most of the time in my daily living, I don't get to meet people that I know except during weekends. Everyday, all the people that I get to talk to are my tutees, or the person who serve me when I buy things. And I don't like to chat with people whom I dunno well, don't chit chat unnecessarily with my tutees (maybe it's their age) too, I just daydream while they're working on their stuff. And I hate to entertain acquaintances on the phone. I think the time when I 'talk' the most is in ICQ.. as for that, I don't really mind. Everyone say that people will feel lonely when they aged, I can dream of myself living in a small cottage faraway from everyone else. (Maybe not in Sg, it's too small to be faraway from people) Will I feel lonely by then?

No comments: