Friday, August 29, 2003

Turn Left, turn right

Hmm, the show is finally going to come out on 10th Sept. This afternoon I heard the main theme song by Sephanie Sun on TV and it's quite a nice one too. Quite sometime ago, Danping and I were at the popular bookstore and they had the whole range of Jimmy's books. It quite collectible, and my dream is to get the whole range of his books, just like my Harry Porter series. Told Danping that I had seen the flash on a website before, but I lost the link to the flash so couldn't send to her then. But I've found the link to Jimmy's website and can view the synopsis of the books and some other stuff. ( http://www.jimmyspa.com) Had been waiting for the movie as I had seen the posters around for a long time, think it's going to be a nice one.

Everyday, we meet people by chances. Whether we get to make friends depend on chances and fate, and sometimes its just a matter of choices to know them better. You'll never know which of these are your acquaintances, or they may become your good friends and even someone you can't live without in future.

遇见 (电影"向左走向右走"第一主打)

听见 冬天的离开 我在某年某月 醒过来
我想 我等 我期待 未来却不能因此安排
阴天 傍晚 车窗外 未来有一个人在等待
向左 向右 向前看 爱要拐几个弯才来
我遇见谁 会有怎样的对白 我等的人 他在多远的未来
我听见风 来自地铁和人海 我排着队 拿着爱的号码牌
我往前飞 飞过一片时间海 我们也常在爱情里受伤害
我看着路 梦的入口有点窄 我遇见你是最美的意外
终有一天 我的谜底会解开

by 孙燕姿

<<几米>>
Jimmy's stories are quite philosophical, I'm real lucky today as I went to the library and finally managed to find his books there. Borrowed 3 of his books at a go, as I had been looking out for them for a long time. It's something like the story of 'Little Prince' and I must say that he have very good imagination and talent. Maybe I can't draw, that's why appreciate it even more. There's more pictures than words in his books but it tells a lot about life. Was reading one of them on my way home, it's call 'Sounds of Colours' and it's about a blind little girl experiencing life from her rides on the MRT. My interpretations of her MRT rides are the passages of life, and different stops are different experiences in life. These are my favourite lines:-

有时候, 我觉得已走到世界的尽头.
不断地坐错车, 并一再下错车.
常常不知道自己在哪里? 要去什么地方?
...
其实, 我哪里都不想去.

Actually his stories are mostly quite sad and 灰暗. And the irony is that the sad parts are the most colourful parts in the books. I would say that he's a cynic just like me, from the way the stories are written, maybe that's why I appreciate the stories a lot. But, being cynical is not the same as being pessimistic, it's just the ironies of life that makes it so special.

This morning I woke up feeling very bored even though the weekend is approaching. I was lamenting to Aileen that life is so meaningless, those who are working or studying had also been complaining to me about their woes. But ironically, I don't feel much better than them. Maybe it's the marathon tuitions I'm gong to have tomorrow that's making me demoralised, or it's just the uneventfulness of things. I just dread it. I even suspect that I may be undergoing the 'quarter-life crisis' now.. But ermm.. I hate to think about that, I haven't even started working and I still got another half a year before I'm 23.

Hee.. anyway, felt so much better after visiting the library in the evening. By the way, this is my third time to the library this week, I think it's the best place ever invented other than my bed. I must a real nerd. A pretty nerd anyway. =) Specially chose to go home around 8pm so that I can catch music diary on my way back, and I heard a very lovely story. Quite lucky today.

No comments: