Thursday, May 08, 2003

Someone just msged me, then realised that it's actually NPCC Day. Yah, this year is the first time that I can remember myself not viewing the NPCC day parade as it's canceled due to SARs. Poor Ryan, as he was supposed to be the Parade Commander this year..haha..really unlucky of him. Suddenly reminded of the good old young days, when we have to wear the full uniform the whole day in school on this day, and it's usually during exams. The first time when we did it in Sec One, it was also the first time we put on uniform after drawing it from HQ, so didn't even know how to put on properly, keep getting it wrong and kena scolded the whole day by our seniors. As I got older, was so excited and smug about it (heh..as the uniform got more decorated with badges), and it's one of the few times that I got to school really early to prepare for the parade, then the whole day go around the school for the juniors to greet. heheee... the good old times..

These few days really had been bumming around. Yesterday went shopping in town and bought a new piece of blouse, quite happy with it as it's nice enough to wear to the office if I ever have to work in one, heeding sis advice to get more 'decent' clothes. Once I stepped home, she noticed that I'm wearing something new, and commented that it's nice. =) Tried on many many items, I think there were around 10 tops which I tried and had a hard time deciding which one to buy. The good thing about shopping on the weekday afternoon is that there wasn't a queue for the fitting room, so can go in as many times as I like! Have a feeling that my savings is depleting fast, and all my plans for holidays is going to evaporate.. maybe the furthest place I can go is the southern islands. *sigh* =P Had an impulse to spend over $100 shopping, but have to restrain myself and slowly change my wardrobe. Think Hock Sui was right, my clothes are almost the same.. hehe...with pastel colours and flowery prints, think I'm always targetting the same kind of pattern although I didn't noticed it. Luckily I only bought one, as I suddenly realised that the clothes that I've tried are from the same brand and same series, no wonder all looked nice on me.

Saw a quote on Shiqin's MSN nick..
-When the sky is dark, you can see the stars-
I think this is meant to be motivating..now that the sky is really getting darker and darker, how I wish the stars will appear soon!! but cynical me..heh heh..thought of changing it to..
-When the sky is dark, it is going to rain-

No comments: