Monday, May 19, 2003

I'm back after one week, and although the previous week was just spent rotting around, I didn't feel like blogging. Wendy was back last week, finally had the chance to meet up with her after this few months, and I even spent a night at her place catching up with everything and everyone. She still seemed to be very much the same as she was before she was working there, even though she had changed in her dress sense and other superficial stuff. She was looking forward to go back to work after her long break, and I'm feeling quite envious of her that she had found a job that she really loved. Lucky girl! I had promised her to go Bintan Club Med for a holiday and visit her, I had made this promise quite some time ago. Now, had found a few people for the trip and I'm looking forward to it. I think I'll surely be there one day, probably late June or in July this year.

The past few days really passed in a blink, most of the time I was spending it with mentoring, tuitioning, catching up with friends etc., just as I had intended to, and it's a really meaningful week that had gone by. Today I just did my second session of assessment and I'm really lucky as I had passed under Richard's stringent test. He's rather nice today, and didn't make much comments about the whole session, and he's easier to work than I had imagined. He was in a rather grouchy mood when we just arrived at the club, and at the end of the day I was so surprised when he actually presented me with the assessment checklist in front of the class. Actually I was really relieved, until I realised that I had lost the checklist on my way home. It's really terrible of me. I guessed it was good that he had stressed me so much in the beginning that I had put in quite a lot of preparation in the course. At least it had worked, and the first day of the kayaking course was just like the first day of the CIBTC a few years back when I was still in the frontline, I really felt the stress and the excitement coz after coz. Tomorrow, another IPC will start again, and this time I'm really relaxed even though most of the committee are apprehensive and tensed about it, and now I really understand how they feel. I promised to be more lenient towards the ignorance and lack of experience of the new instructors this time, or maybe Richard's method will work better? hahaha.. =P

By the way, the climate now is getting really bad! It's really hot even during the night... I had spent a whole day in the sun and I'm wondering if that's the reason why I'm feeling so hot now. Even as I'm typing this post, I can feel myself perspiring in front of the comp, 2am in the morning..

No comments: