Thursday, April 30, 2020

Shenanigans of CB long weekend

This is the second long weekend after CB started, the first being Good Friday weeks ago when it all just started. The first few weeks of CB/FHBL was warm and hot and I think I busted my electrical bills as I'm home the whole day and I had to on the aircon on and off to chill myself. Thankfully, it started pouring in the afternoons a week ago and that went on for five days, it was also nice to get out and run/jog even in the late afternoon as the weather was cool. The only not too nice thing was once again the crowd, especially along the PCN. It only stopped raining for a day this Tuesday and then it started again last night, today was another day of heavy downpour from afternoon till now. Really feels like Dec as we are really lazing at home the whole day long...

My first group zoom workout

Anyway, other than the weekly virtual meetup on House Party, my friends started to do group zoom workout, I did not get to join them for the first session yesterday due to online tuition sessions but they met up again today and boy, I underestimated the 12 min planking and 15 min of cardio. My arms feel weak now. I think it's a refreshing change for me instead of jogging or walking outdoors. And anyways, we have been advised to do our exercises at home. I even ordered quite a few new sports outfit and sports equipment (dumb bells) just to get through this period.

Coffee Bean opened with no customers

8pm on the even of a public holiday

Controlled entry into the mall but no queue tonight
After almost three weeks of staying at home, I finally stepped out this evening to get some food and groceries with P for the long weekend. I'm able to get Redmart delivery once a week these days but just not able to get enough heavy cream and stuff for my keto diet and dalgona coffee. Anyway, the heavy cream was still out at NTUC but we did buy lots of other snacks, salad and stuff. Just for the record, I took some photographs of how the mall looked like, a rare sight to be so empty on the eve of a public holiday. It felt more like after midnight than just 8pm. Everyone was wearing masks as it's an offence not to do so during this period. People are advised to go out alone but we still saw quite a few couples like us, doing groceries shopping together.

No comments: