Saturday, April 18, 2020

When everything goes live, and life goes on...

After the start of the CB on 7th April and FHBL on 8th April, the measures just got stricter over the weekend. People flocked to the parks over the long weekend as exercise is permitted and the PCNs and parks got so crowded that they closed off some smaller and narrower areas. I went out for  a run on Good Friday evening and it was a mistake to do so at 7pm as there was no way I could practise social distancing or keep some distance away from the huff and puff of runners. I've never seen so many sports and health enthusiasts at the PCNs before but I could understand why everyone wanted to get some fresh air. I went out with P for another run/walk at a later timing the next day and things got better, I've decided to keep to after 9pm and before 7am if I want to exercise or run.

Anyway, everyone has to put on mask once they step out of the house in SG now, except for exercising. I had never imagined that this day will be upon us but it did. We are not in strict or full lockdown but we cant meet up with anyone who does not live in the same household as us, that applies to family members. So, I'm only seeing P and I've not stepped out of the house for a few days already, after my jog on Tuesday evening. 

I am meeting friends over apps like House Party and the likes of Skype or Zoom for my family members. 


Weekly gathering with the girls, really nice way to destress

Testing out and preparing for my live lessons

Zoom lessons with my class
It was a steep learning curve for us educators to bring our teaching services online and do remote lessons and teaching. After the announcement of FHBL, I've tried out several platforms like Zoom, Google Meet and Webex as my students have to continue learning, or at least keep themselves occupied at home. I cant step out of my house for tuition so I'm meeting the girls over online platforms too. It was a lot of anxiety and stressful getting the hang of it, but after doing it a few times, I'm more comfortable. To be honest, I have resented the thought of doing live lessons but seeing how the kids enjoyed it as they yearn interactions with friends, I supposed it forced me to keep learning new tricks and trying out new things weekly.

No comments: