Friday, March 20, 2020

What I did the past two days...

On Wednesday, it was another day of staying at home and doing nothing. I was not keen to do another jog that morning due to lack of energy and I had a slightly late dinner the previous day (just chaffles with two eggs) as I got home late after manicure and some shopping. I could only break fast after 10am if I want to do the full 16h, I considered to eat earlier but decided to just go back to bed after P left home for school. Lo and behold, I overslept and only woke up to have my breakfast at 11am. 
17 hour fast

Keto blueberry muffins
Ordered grab food for lunch

I baked some keto blueberry muffins the night before as I got tired of chaffles and wanted some change. I used the air fryer and it turned out burnt on top as I turned up the heat too high, the taste is not too bad though. A mental note to self to put baking paper the next time round so it's easier to get those out of the ramekins. I'm also considering getting silicon muffin holders for baking and lined it with nice muffin cups so it's more fanciful, but that's going to be not so friendly for the environment. Hmm.. 

Anyways, I spent $25 for Grab delivery and had an early lunch before tuition at 3pm. That's a new stall I'm trying out with red grouper fish soup and some pig trotter dish. Both dishes tasted fine but I'm craving for kway chap and pig intestines soup though. 


Prawn scampi with zoodles


New culinary adventures
The early lunch yesterday meant that I could break fast earlier Thurs morning at 7am but I felt hungry after tuition last night while preparing the food for today's meal, so I feasted on some peanut butter M&M's (cheated!) Luckily, I weighed myself this morning and I had already lost nearly 2kg since holidays started.

It's the first time I bought zoodles (zucchini noodles) from Redmart so I scoured over Youtube for nice recipes and also went to get some fresh prawns to whip up the this new prawn scampi zoodles dish. It tasted really good so I'm going to try the recipe again soon. 

No comments: