Wednesday, March 04, 2020

39th Birthday Surprises from Hubby P

This year's birthday falls on a Tuesday, a day of tiring meetings and a day packed with lessons. I didnt really expect anything as P usually surprise me with a cake after midnight and sometimes there were small surprises here and there as he loved surprises, but most of the times we discussed how we would spend the day. This year was very different though. I was tired after a long Monday, completed with a short nap and a short run around the neighbourhood. I was just waiting for the clock to strike 12 and then go to bed.

Leftover cake from the family celebration
P took out a very tiny piece of cake leftover from the family celebration and ceremoniously lit up the candle so that he could sing me the birthday song. I thought that was about it, when he suddenly whipped out a LV paper bag. I was really surprised and confused, I'm a big fan of LV but this is the first time he bought me something from the boutique. It was a new LV wallet, honestly not the design I would choose so I did not appreciate the effort at first. But after I moved all my stuff over from the old LV wallet (serving me for 9 good years) then I realised my old wallet was really coming apart and it was time to change a new one.


My birthday surprise gift
It didnt occur to me that I need a new wallet, so it was a very thoughtful gift. I was very curious as the wallet was not newly bought from the boutique so I really wanted to know how it came about. However, P is very determined to keep mum about it (as usual) and he's an expert with online buying and selling so there could be many possibilities. What really touched me was the part when I asked him why he didnt let me choose something I liked, he said "this is the only thing I can afford at the moment..." I felt so bad and fell in love with the new wallet immediately.

First bouquet of flowers from the man
The second surprise came after work today. As far as I can remember, it is very very rare for P to buy me bouquet of flowers for such occasions or even V day. I knew something was amiss once I step out from shower as he was standing in a very curious manner, I stopped dead on my track and kept asking him what he was up to. He spoilt his own surprise by a little as he was so excited to see my reaction upon seeing the flowers.

Phew, my birthday is over... it is really a day full of surprises. We went to Genki Sushi as planned and had a simple dinner after that.

No comments: