Monday, March 23, 2020

Food for thought (Friday and the weekend)

On Thursday night, I took a nap after getting home from school and visited Mum after that. It was late and I did not want to eat anything so that I can break fast early the next day, but I could not say 'no' to dear mummy as she had dished out some keto friendly food for me. So I ate at 9.30pm and I could only break fast after 1.30pm the next day.

On Friday, it was really a test of great discipline to keep to the 16h and I thought that I will just break fast earlier if I really could not make it. I only drank black coffee for the 6h after reaching school at 7am. When it was almost time to finally break fast, P wanted to go out and get food for lunch and I could not say no to him either, so I got myself chicken rice (without eating the rice of course) instead of eating the prawn scampi zoodles I've brought to school. I topped it up with keto hot chocolate as the lean meat was not filling enough. I'm glad I've brought the electric milk frother to school.

Broke fast with chicken rice without the rice
Cheap and good electric frother 

The COVID situation around the world have gotten really and the March hols was full of excitement? and different news, constant discussions over Whatsapps, but the school hols are not extended in the end and Term 2 is starting in a few hours. Anyway, I was at home binge watching Lucifer on Netflix and I didnt step out of the house except for tuition on Sunday. I think it's good we still get to go back to school and get some fresh air instead of staying at home.

Broke fast with keto matcha milk tea, keto muffin and ice cream
On Saturday after breakfast, I started a new culinary adventure by cooking cauliflower rice porridge, basically throwing in ingredients that I like and pour in chicken broth to make it soupy. I've been wanting to try that for a long time as I loved porridge, I really loved the result of that and I'm going to cook up another pot soon.

On Sunday morning, I accidentally woke up late after binge watching till 3am before sleeping. I almost clocked a 20h fast and I did not even wake up from the hunger or feel anything after not eating for such a long period of time. Hope I can continue my IF in school in the coming week.

Yummy porridge
Leftover smoked duck breast meat from the porridge

No comments: