Wednesday, March 23, 2005

A Day In the Life Of Poor Me

Actually the previous post was written just now (23rd March) but saved as a draft on Tuesday evening (if you checked the timestamp) while I was surfing the net, chatting with Antz and Peiling, and more importantly in the midst of rushing my lesson plans and PowerPoint slides for observation. I had decided that I couldn't afford to get down and blog properly, so typed a few lines then saved it. Ahh..that's the good thing about the 'Save as Draft' function..

What am I talking about? Just feel like blogging more tonight, as having been through 2 observations this week, I'm in the holiday mood!! Extended long weekend! Yeah, decided not to do anything really contributing to work tonight.

Just realised that a typical day for me (on a weekday) is something like this:

7am: Arrive in school, "stone", arrange table for a while, make hot drinks at pantry
7.20am: Go to hall for morning assembly
7.35am: Stone, stone, stone somemore (before I realised with a snap that my lesson plans needs to be done *quickly proceeds to lab*)
8am: Frantic editing of lesson plans, editing of PowerPoint (till eyes are crossed)
1020-1pm: Teaching time (with maybe a break in between?)
1pm: Sit down, relieved, stomach growling
2pm: Lunchtime over/ Marking time starts ('Zzz' Monster may hit anytime now)
3pm: Brainstorm for next day's or next next day's lessons!
4pm/5pm: Type, type, type lesson plans till I'm too tired to move my fingers

-Home Sweet Home-
8pm: Nap time over/ Powerpoint time again!
9pm-12midnight: Powerpoint or worksheets making/ surfing net for relevant stuff (most toiling part of the day)
1am: Print out lesson plans (if I'm lucky)/ Get ready to sleep
5.45am: Waking up and wondering if my head had really touched the pillow at all

And it goes all over again..

Yeah, it's boring reading about the life of a bore. I'm just a lesson planner and PowerPoint generator most of the times nowadays. What's best is the fact that I know I'm not going to do all these when the real teaching life begins.. *grump*

3 comments:

Yurong said...

test..

arwee said...

*shivers*
that sounds scary..

*faints*

Yurong said...

it IS scary..but only another 5 more weeks to go! =P