Sunday, March 06, 2005

Be Nocturnal, it's Normal

These headlines caught my attention when I was browsing through the STI:

Sleepless in Singapore

54% of Singaporeans turn in only after midnight, making the country seventh in the top 10 night owls' list

Over a third (37 per cent) of the 500 polled rise between 6am and 7am. Another 31 per cent get up between 7am and 8am.

Hardly surprising then, that six out of 10 Singaporeans don't get the recommended eight hours of shut-eye.

The survey also found that globally, people in their 20s tend to be owls.


Okay, it comforts me in knowing that I'm normal, as pple my age are owls just like myself. Not that I'm really privileged to be norturnal nowadays. Teaching in the morning session, I try hard to finish everything and jump into bed by 1am; I'm also part of the unlucky one third who rises even before 6am. No wonder I keep feeling the lack of sleep recently.. my usual morning routine includes stoning at my table before and after the morning assembly.

So wearing dark eye rings is a fashion statement, cool!!

No comments: