Friday, January 28, 2005

Blog and blogskins

I've been thinking of changing my blogskins for ages but can't seem to find a perfect layout for my blog. I've browsed blogskins.com for two whole nights till my eyes are popping out now but nothing appealed to me. The designs of blogskins are just getting so tacky, customising for secondary or primary kids starting out a new blog, perhaps. Maybe its something to do with aging, I've seemed to outgrown all the layouts that I've seen; many of them are having flowers, stars or some cutesy graphics occupying most of the screen. And it's not reader-friendly at all as you have to keep scrolling down just to read a few lines of the blog. That's so tiring! Sigh... I've got to admit that before this (when I was younger), I was using this layout that was baby blue and full of sweet cartoons, but now I can't imagine me having my blog looking that way anymore. Horror of horrors..

After 1.5 years of using my current skin, I've grown so used to it that I can hardly find something that's refreshingly different. I guess its just like people getting used to their home after years, and they tend to refurnished it the same way even if they moved. Or, maybe I really need an overhaul or something? What do you guys think? I was experimenting tonight and came out with the following two templates, but I guess I don't really like my blog being divided into small parts, it look quite cluttered. Will try something else when I have the time again.

No comments: