Thursday, February 03, 2005


Have you heard of this? Posted by Hello

"Fifth Annual Weblog Awards". It's like the Grammy of the bloggers' world, but I only happened to chance upon it in the midst of boredom from doing my assignments. There's many categories of blog awards, with two from Singapore under the Asian category *applaud*. One of them is none other than Xiaxue's blog. Took a quick surf through the many nominated blogs, I think they're all quite cool and inspiring for people who had run out of things to blog, including myself. And looking at the design of the blogs, most of the best blogs are actually quite simple and plain. WITHout tacky things. Just like mine. Ha!

Tag and Hello
Just realised that my tagboard was a dowdy shade of blue hue, and I've just changed it to a brighter colour. Guess it was ugly, but everyone was too polite to point it out to me.

And there seems to be problems loading photos uploaded by Hello software recently, hands up for those with the same problem!! I don't have this problem in hall, but some of my pics are missing when I view them from home. Hmm..what is this program up to? I hate all these techno grits.

Just Read
For those who had been following my updates of the column on the left, you would have noticed that I've just finished my fourth book for the year! Hurray! On average, that's one book per week! I'm such a intellectual nerd. Well, actually so far all my readings are English novels. To speak the truth, I hardly do my readings in Chinese, except for my notes, assignments and my own handwriting.

Partly inspired by my lit module, and to beef up on my Chinese, I had been trying to pick up some Chinese novels. But, it's kind of difficult for me to categorise these Chinese classics as easy readings, or good bedtime stories after a stressful day. Hmm.. I wonder why there's no adult fairytales, like the LOTR, Harry Potter or Roald Dahl in the kingdom of Chinese classic novels. I think even adults need fairy tales to indulge themselves, and it'll be great if I can discover some of those. Am I just ignorant, or what?

No comments: