Sunday, May 02, 2004

Poor Principal, due to his principles

Yeah, you can be sure that the news of Mr Ng Lee Huat, the former principal of Nan Chiau High school had became the hot topics of the staff room during the past week. I had smelt it, heard snippets of it even before I saw it in the newspaper. Even our weekly staff contact time couldn't being prevented from digressing into it.

To Mr Lee, I would say that you've made a smart move. Being a principal is definitely a much more 'sai kang' job then holding a senior position at the ministry. Congratulations! Your pay check is intact and you've won the hearts of tens and thousands of people who didn't know you. You've made it to the headlines, forum, and even to my blog!! Yeah, and I guess it's right of you not to go back despite the petitions and all.. good horse don't eat the grass behind yah? For a moment, I would have thought that it's a conspiracy between you and the student who made the police report.. Hahaha..

Oh yah, before I carry on, I must make a disclaimer.. my comments above doesn't represent that of a teacher, but a boh liao blogger. Please don't try to quote me in Streats, Today, Yesterday and Tomorrow..thank you very much. By the way, the photo that I've put up above is not me, it's none other than my twin sister who is hundred times uglier than the real me! Wahhahaa...

I guess the above situation is a lose-lose situation for both the parents and the educators. The teachers now have even lesser liberty in disciplining their students, and the students will thus be left to turn into rotten eggs on their own and its the parents who have these spoilt eggs in their family in the end. The person who reported the case must be thinking that civil servants like the police, teachers and principals having nothing better to do, and that teachers are madcaps who takes pleasure out of punishing and scolding their students. What's even more astonishing is that the person who reported the case is a teacher from another school, and her god sister wasn't even the one who kena the whack on her head by the exercise book. The ironic thing is that, after the whole incident, the student's mum still said that she didn't know it will be so serious. If not serious, you report to the police for what??? Really nothing better to do huH?

That day, there was a girl in my class who scold strings of vulgarities at everyone like a mad dog. (All my other kids told me that it's her mum who taught her to say all that.) I was so angry that I stared hard at her and say “你欠打是吗?”The rest of my students all burst out laughing and said.. "Wah, teacher talk like gangster siah.." Hahaha.. even I felt like laughing at myself. Okay, next time I shall not be so vulgar, I'll just ask her "“你欠揍啊?”

No comments: