Friday, April 09, 2004

The meaning of life

Okay, the topic sounds dead serious. Don't you dare to start yawning!!

Sigh, I usually love a much lighter topic, but on the trip home just now..was just pondering about it. Perhaps it's true that someone who knows what he/she wants is a much luckier person. At least you live knowing what you are doing, right? I believe that I'm one of those lucky ones, and it's a easy task..I just want to be HAPPY, with a capital H. It sounds easy, but sometimes people doesn't even know what makes them happy.

I guess I value friendship and my personal relationship with my loved ones most. So what if I have the dream career? So what if I have $$ rolling in for me? I think it all doesn't really matter to me. I don't even care if I'm super poor or not, I've learnt to get by with it. I suspect that I'm working so hard just so that I can provide things/comfort for people around me, and maybe doing things that I like will also make them happier in return. I also dunno what I'm lamenting about.. I guess I'm not even lamenting, I'm just voicing out opinions. All of the sudden, just feel that I'm so alone in the world, without friends and family by my side at this time. When I'm working, I can't afford to spend much time to connect with people around me, and this is sad for me. Maybe I should really cherish them more.. and I feel bad about it. I feel helpless, exasperated for not having the means to do so. Why is life like this? Everyone just tend to miss out people important to them only when they're gone.. they'll never know what's really important to them and cherish it..until it's much too late.

I think I've really tried my best.. then like what William Hung said, I should have no regrets. But that doesn't mean that I'm not disappointed though. I'm just tired, I guess. I don't know why too.

Life is such a struggle most of the time, and good times doesn't last. I don't know how to perserve good times and not to let bad times come into my life. I don't even know when are the good times, until I've met with the bad ones later in life. I just want to live every moment happily. It sounds so simple yet how many times can I really achieve it? I can only accept that life is not life without struggles, life is never happier without the bad times.

Yep, just realised that blogging makes me feel happier too.

Good Friday
Hee hee..let's move on to something less solemn. Don't you just miss that 'hee hee..', 'haha' I usually punctuate my blog with? =P Think I'm really glad that today is just Friday and I still have the weekend intact ahead of me. This is really wonderful man! Everyday after work, I just feel like I've finished fighting a battle. It doesn't matter if I win the battle or not, at least I've finished fighting it. So two more days before I return to the battlefield. Went shopping with Ling and Yz after tuition today, and it was great. We spent most of the time eating, drinking and talking lah... and I didnt buy anything from town except some pretty rubber bands. Ha! But it was my ideal way of spending a holiday, just that there was too many people in town.

Guess what? Later in the day when I was on my way home, I stopped by Northpoint to get assessment books for my work and I got myself new clothes! Two new blouses and a new pants. Yeah! Hahahaha..

No comments: