Tuesday, April 01, 2003

Hi.. welcome to hell week. Oh yah, and it's April's Fool but I'm not in the mood for any jokes right now. Today is just the end of my first day of hell week, I wasn't really suffering from Monday blues at the start of the day, as I think I really have very low stress level to begin with. But I went to school at 10am and went off from forum with a drained brain at 10.30pm. Right now, I just had my dinner, bathed and back to the computer again. *groan* Before I go back to work in a few minutes, just remembered that it's Monday and I'm supposed to blog..Heh, it's still the one thing that's keeping my spirits up at the end of the day too.


Deadlines
I have five deadlines from tmr till next Saturday for all my five modules. Since I've blogged about being overwhelmed until now, I'm still as overwhelmed, at moments at least. So far only cleared one presentation last week and feedback was that it's an excellant job though preparation was quite last minute( oh, think nobody knows about this part. Had two deadlines extended due to some reasons, one due to 'technical problems' and the other I've requested for it from my lit tutor, and luckily for me, it was granted! =) I still can't believe that I was still out at sea sailing the whole day yesterday..唉 真是不知死活. Sigh..obviously things are not that smooth sailing now


One of the deadline granted was on last tuesday, was quite shocked/amazed but I was lucky too!

Dear Yurong,

The paper was sent to you last Tuesday. Here is a copy of the e-mail
sent along with the paper to be critiqued. Since you did not receive
the paper I will grant you an extension until next Tuesday, 1 April.

Best regards,

George Bishop



-----Original Message-----
From: ^^ Rong^^ [mailto:chococraze@hotmail.com]
Sent: Monday, March 24, 2003 7:59 PM
To: Bishop, George D
Subject: Re: Combined leader and critique roster



Dear Dr Bishop,

Hi. As indicated in the roster sent to us at the beginning of the
year, I
am supposed to do the critique paper for the topic 'Treatment
Compliance'.
The topic was done in Week 8 but till today, I had not received the
paper to
do the critique, therefore I wish to find out from you if I'm missing
out on
anything or if the paper had been sent to me. Thank you for your
attention
in reading this mail.

Best regards,
Chiang Yurong


Really lucky that I remembered that I'm supposed to have another assignment these few weeks and emailed him just in time, I guess he may also be suspecting that I've gotten the first mail (hopefully he's not too suspicious!) but haven't done my work so pretend that I haven't got it. But the fact is that I didn't get it, and luckily he's kind enough to grant me a week's grace.


Right after I've received that mail, I was really on a tied schedule with my lit assignment which is supposedly due today, but I remembered that we could request for an extension of deadline if it's well beforehand and with valid reasons. And luckily I also did well for the Citizen Kane presentation last Friday, so my lit tutor had a relatively good impression of me.



Hi
Yes, Wednesday is fine.

Take care,
Dr Yeo


Dr Yeo Wei Wei
Assistant Professor
Department of English Language and Literature



-----Original Message-----
From: Chiang Yurong
Sent: Wednesday, March 26, 2003 2:34 AM
To: Yeo Wei Wei
Subject: Request for an extension of deadline


Dear Dr Yeo,

I am your student from DW4 (Friday 1300-1400), I'm very sorry to
inform you that I may need an extension of deadline for Assignment 2 due
to the following reason: I had just received another assignment from
another module PL3212Y today, and I'm required to do a 5 page critique
to be handed up by next Tuesday. I am supposed to have this assignment
done last week but due to some problems, only received the assignment
via e-mail today and my lecturer had kindly agreed to extent the
deadline till next Tuesday (1st April). Kindly refer to the
correspondance between me and my lecturer Dr George Bishop in the email
below. As there is already an extension of deadline granted by him, I
certainly hope to finish this assignment by the date given, thus may
have problem completing my EN1101E assignment at the same time. Another
reason for my request is that my presentation slot for EN1101E -Citizen
Kane is coming up during tutorial this Friday, so I need more time to
prepare for the presentation as well.

Nevertheless, I will still try to get the assignment done and handed
up on next Monday in the event that the extension is not granted,
however I will be glad if you can inform me of your decision. Thank you
for your attention regarding this matter.

Best Regards,
Yurong


Right now I'm almost done with the 5 page critique due tomorrow but haven't start with my lit assignment yet..argghhh

SARS
Think after I've posted about death a few weeks ago, my world is now filled with morbidity, not because I'm still pondering about the topic but war had broken out at Iraq and now, Singapore in danger of a weird epidermic- Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrom. Things had became so bad that you can start up a conversation with a stranger talking about it on the street, and now everywhere it's really 人心惶惶. I dunno which is worse, wars or SARs? Hiak..it even rhyme just by looking at the two words, and I think the epidermic is worse in my opinion as it's the first time I've heard of MOE closing down schools, and it's nearer to home too. The Iraqis are snatching gas masks to prevent chemical poisoning, while we are snatching face masks to prevent a virus spreading. But at the moment, we still got lessons and deadlines, and ultimately, deadlines are still the worst for me! I still have to put aside fear of epidermic, and go to the crowded NUS library to mug at the risk of getting the disease.


Despite all this, I'm still quite happy these few days, can't help it..Maybe it's true that the most important thing on Earth is to love and be loved. Yucks..wahahhahhaa, even I can't stand myself saying all these..

No comments: