Friday, April 25, 2003

Exams updates
I have declared today as a No-Studying day as I've just cleared 3 papers this week and right now, my next and last paper is next Sat. Felt like I've been put into a washing machine and tumbled up, down, left and right. I slept into 11am this morning and felt that it's a bliss!

Demise of my Laptop
My laptop 'Xiaoxing' had clashed on wed night, usually I would be devastated and felt so lost without being able to go online at night. But I was too busy preparing for exams to bother about it then and there, Sis was real upset as her 500 photos taken from "all over the world" was uploaded to my laptop and there isn't any backup copies of it. I'm luckier, there's no file inside which I'm unwilling to lose. This morning, despite its a 'No-studying' day, I had came to school just to service my XiaoXing. But the woman at the service place said that the motherboard had burnt due to prolonged usage and need to wait for another 1.5 mths for the new parts to arrive. My jaw dropped. 1.5mths!! And while my exams are almost over and I'm unemployed at the moment, I can't even enjoy my nightly entertainment. Sigh. Xiaoxing.. Rest In Peace..

Blogging
I wasn't exactly a blog fanatic but a few years ago..I think it was in 2001 before I started my previous blog, I was reading Streats and saw an article of a NUS girl being interviewed about blogging. http://drsheep.com/
I thought that it's really an interesting idea but didn't manage to remember her blog address so wasn't able to take a look, surfing around Funkygrad a few days later brought me to blogger as some of the forummers were talking about blogging too. Today went to Funkygrad as usual and saw the previous post being digged out from the history folder as the poor girl who was interviewed by Streats got unduly quoted in an article in Streats recently regarding SARs and she's quoted from an entry on her blog page. I think the blogging was supposed to be a highly personally event and she was making comments which are not meant to be published. But she was, and the papers even put down her full name. Think this incident left a bad impact on the author, as she was portrayed as a selfish, inconsiderate student of NUS in the papers just because of the comments made on her blog page. Hmph..disgusting..

No comments: