Monday, December 14, 2020

Staycation #8 of 2020 (P's birthday staycation) Day 2 (29th November 2020)


View from the window seats at the lounge


Breakfast affair was quite meh


As mentioned in the previous post, the service at the lounge was nothing to shout about. When we went down for breakfast on Day 2, they still looked flustered and under-staffed. We requested for seats at the windows and let's just say we finally managed to sit down after some hoo-haa but it left a bad taste in our mouth. There was free-flow champagne for breakfast and it was a plus point, but most of the times the staff were also too busy to really serve us well. As for the food, it was quite meh and looked like something I can cook. 

To be honest, I loved the scones


We went back to the room after breakfast to nuah and nap and watch netflix till it was time to go to the lounge for afternoon tea again. Actually we were not that hungry after the late breakfast, but just wanted to make our $$ worth since we paid excess for the lounge access. If we did not book dinner, actually we could have our dinner there as well, but that would be quite boring. 

I had a bad time with my tummy during the staycation, especially after the previous day hairy crab dinner. I had been suffering from the gassy and queasy stomach on and off since September so that it has been a few months already. I planned to visit the GP once the staycation is over and get some medication or treatment done over the hols as it was getting quite bad and I'm breaking wind and burping very often. Sometimes, I felt so bloated that it was really quite uncomfortable, on top of the embarrassment of breaking wind so often. I've been having a poor digestive system for years, getting diarrhoea and colic at times but it was never as bad as this. Anyway, I'm adding on this part to the staycation as that was the peak of the discomfort and I spent a lot of time crouching in bed. 

The unique corridor of our hotel



P loved the mashed potatoes

Honey glazed ham was nice too

Could not resist the laksa

For dinner that night, we had a table at Lime restaurant as there was a 30% discount for the hotel F&B. Honestly my stomach was like having a major typhoon that whole staycation and I did not have an appetite for a buffet dinner, but we just went ahead since we already have a booking. The price was considered reasonable after the discount even though we could have save more if we just had dinner at the lounge. The spread was so so but the service was good at Lime and we made up our mind to visit again for breakfast next morning. The classic Singapore style laksa is always on the menu of international buffet at these hotels and I could not resist it even though spicy food was not good for the current state of my tummy. I've stopped drinking frizzy soda and iced water as much as possible. 

Walking around the area

The Singapore River

We had a nice long walk around Boat Quay and Clarke Quay area after that and it helped to ease off some of the pain I felt in my tummy. Exercise and walks are always good as the movement helped me to get rid of the air. Once again, we always explore the area around MBS but not this part of the Singapore River so its was quite nice for a change. 


No comments: