Sunday, January 02, 2022

First post of 2022

So time flies and once again I'm here doing the cliche task of posting the first post of 2022. In a nutshell, I'll summarise 2021 with the following:

  1. Another year that I didnt post that much, only a grand total of 10 posts and I stopped updating in June. That was after we boarded the Royal Carribean and had a really great time and had too much stuff to update and I got lazy. 
  2. The most important thing that happened in 2021 was that we suddenly decided to sell our place in July, sold our place in two weeks and bought a new home in another two weeks.
  3. P and I are finally settled down and finished unpacking everything at our new house on the last day of 2021. Honestly, it was a roller coaster ride and we do missed Bishan which was our first matrimonial home, even a bit regretful right after we sold it but I have to say I do love the new house a lot now. 
New Year's Eve was a very mellow affair, P was busy putting his stuff away and I was home the whole day, sleeping a lot. His bff came over with a lot of food, we ate and then I just welcomed 2022 with what I usually do, chatting with my friends over whatsapp and sitting in front of my MacBook. It was a very rainy NYE and even today there was a slight drizzle for parts of the day. 


To start the year right, I told myself the day is so cooling and I must get my workout done. For most of December I actually did my home workout daily, only missing a few days. But we got too busy when moving day came on 20th December so I stopped for around 10 days. We went out for a walk on the wee morning of boxing day to explore the neighbourhood so I have a slight idea where the nearest pcn is. 

Anyway, it's a new playground for me now, I do miss Bishan Park as it's a very nice and safe environment. However, during today's run I realised I do enjoy a change of scenery and it was a motivation for me. There was a slight drizzle but the rain never came down hard enough to interrupt my run, it was very cooling and very nice to do the new route in this weather. As usual, most people made the new year resolution so keep healthy and exercise more, so there were people jogging and cycling for most part of the route but I would say it was less crowded than the kallang pcn next to Bishan stadium and Bishan Park. 

Us exploring the PCN the other night

I had intended to stop at 3km and turn back, but decided to explore on and went on to Punggol area since I could feel the motivation to go on. I had wanted to hit Punggol MRT and then take the train back but it was getting dark and quiet and there were still 2km more to go so I headed to the nearby rivera LRT and took the train home. I'll leave Punggol MRT as my quest to be fulfilled on another day.  


No comments: