Friday, September 02, 2005

Sore throat. Boring day. Duhz


Sick day. Posted by Picasa


Darn, I woke up with a stupid sore throat this morning. The whole thing started yesterday when I felt a bit of discomfort at my throat after a lazy lunch at home on Teachers' Day. I'm quite wary about sore throat due to my job nature so I ate lots of lozenges hoping to cure it, and it didn't get any better. I went to sleep with a burning sensation at my throat, but it was too late to do anything as it was already 4am in the morning (check out the timestamp of my previous post).

It was really bad this morning, I woke up real early (7am) even though it's a non-working day. I could feel my tonsils so swollen that it was choking up my windpipe, it was like having slugs down my throat and I really wanted to dig it up. It really felt like someone stuffed something down my throat during my sleep, as I was sounding quite normal even though it was pain like hell. I had had sore throat before, but it had never came close to this horrible feeling.

Anyway, I went to a clinic immiediately. The doctor was quite amused as both me and my mum were looking really worried about the choking feeling. After shining his mini torch down my throat, he said nonchalently: "Just a bit swollen only...what." Huh? Hmm..so there were no slugs. Nevertheless, I took a MC for the day so that I don't have to go for my poem course in the afternoon. It's really dumb, as this is the first MC I took for this year, and it's not even on a working day!

I've been rather looking forward to this day, since I finally have this chance go for my in-service course in just jeans and slippers like some of my classmates, instead of rushing there after school every Friday. But I ended up being sick and stucked at home the whole day surfing blogs, friendster, and even amazon.com, hoping to find a good book to read.

I was so bored that I clicked on the links of many many blogs to scan thru what's up in people's life, I even went to friendster and click on strangers' profile to see if I can somehow discover more primary school friends (Yup, I was that boh-liao loh!) Sigh... It's a total waste of my special School's Achievement Holiday (principal declared this day off for us to celebrate achievements earned this year).

1 comment:

蓝玫瑰Emily said...

hello!

i fall sick too...hope u getting better soon =>

like to read yr articles...will drop by again
hehe

take care ya!!