Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Rollerblading, for the first time.

I had a very long day last Saturday, and it was one of my most fruitful day of ages. I'm about to give a detailed account of what I did in that whole day, do be warned that it's going to be quite long.

It started off with the most boring part of the day, going to school to mark books that I couldn't finish off last Friday! I woke up specially at 7am just to do that, as I didn't want work to pile up the week when I'm about to leave. The scariest thought is staying back for another week at practicum to get my work done. No way, man!

At 10am, I met up with the rest of my gang and guess what? We went rollerblading! This is really something new for me as it's the first time of my life getting my feet into a pair of blades. Actually, we ran out of things to do on weekends and I'm quite keen to pick up something new. Speaking of being active in my last blog, I had tried out various kinds of sports over the past few weekends after the dive trip. I did hiking (tree-top trail), swimming, cycling, spent 3 weekends kayaking and walked across the causeway once (if you can consider that too).

Blading was easier to pick up than I had imagined, but I'm having a very brusied bum after falling down many times on my butt, and only once on my knee guards. There wasn't much problem with blading, except that I couldn't stop myself once I started, therefore it resulted in many crashlandings, with me falling down in many awkward postitions and looking the most unglam. But overall, it's a interesting sports and I'm contemplating to get my own blades sometime soon so that I can become a pro at it. Ha!

While I was taking a rest, I caught OBS instructor in a very dramatic fall, with PE teacher to her rescue!

Dramatic Posted by Hello

No comments: