Sunday, February 13, 2005

Chinese New Year 2005

To add on to my previous blog, friendster is not only pink/red for this festive season, it also expanded its capacity to allow 12 photos to be uploaded into each person's profile. Yeah, as a narcissist, the more photos of my face on the web, the merrier!! Hahaha..

My ex-roomie used to comment that I'm a neurotic as I even do friendster surfing when I'm bored. Yeah.. I’m such a freak. I spend a lot of my time surfing blogs, forums and even friendster, anything that's on the net. During my JC days, I've already stay up till 3am with my eyes glued on the screen of the computer, though most of my friends only got that habit due to the unlimited access of the net in their uni days. I'm an ultimate net addict.

CNY
Back to Chinese New Year, I went to Msia on the first day of CNY to visit my maternal relatives. I stayed for only a night and came back home, leaving my mum and younger sister there. It's great to have the whole house to myself for a few days, and feasting on the cookies meant for visitors.

Highlight of the whole trip was of course the firework display conjured by my relatives. The colourful firecrackers of the past had already revolved to firework these few years, nothing unlike those that we have during the NDP, just a little less fanciful. In Malaysia, setting off firecrackers is very common during the CNY season, though I'm not sure whether it's legal or not. On the eve of the CNY, many people will arm themselves with the red 炮竹and set them off at midnight, which will create a really massive din but push the festive mood to the highest. The households down the street seems to be competing with one another to create the loudest noise, and this year my relatives spent RM$400 to get some magnificent fireworks, which I believed was the best in the district. *Proud* The whole family (around 40 of us) proceeded to the field next to the house to witness the event, with some of the neighbours attracted by the noise. I got the whole process on video and took some shots of it, but the photos didn't turn out that fantastic.

Our very own fireworks display!
Posted by Hello

On the 3rd day of CNY, it was a visiting day for my closest group of friends. The girls meet up at my place for dinner, while waiting for the teachers to knock off from school. We also took this chance to have our ‘Wedding 2005’ meeting, and so far everyone is quite excited about the first wedding among us that is about to take place a few weeks later. Sometimes, it gave me the impression that we are planning for the likes of Campcraft comp or CI night, as we work just like in the old days. We nominated an overall coordinator, programme I/C, MCs, urshers, and a games master; such that we allocated tasks for everyone, other than the bride being the bride and the groom being the groom on the day itself. There is also a yahoogroups being set up for the event, and minutes taken during every meeting. Very pro right? Of course, our most major task is to “tekan” the groom in the morning, as he had very courageously allocated 30 minutes for himself. All sorts of evil thoughts and crappy ideas came up.. the poor groom!


Us with the happy bride
Posted by Hello

Doesn't Jay seems to be touching my head? Hahaha..boh liao..
Posted by Hello

Oh yah, while my favourite roomie was using my comp to surf the net, we discovered by accident that our practicum posting was out. That caused some excitement as well. And my poor roomie was really badly traumatised as she got the most notorious school in the north district, losing all her appetite and enthusiasm for our dive trip that's coming up. I pity her, although I may not have a better time afterall. Practicum is coming soon! *shudder and tear hair out*

No comments: