Sunday, November 07, 2004

One last blog before I leave in exactly 12 hour’s time. If you have seen this entry and looking for updates, think you can come back a week later, thank you very much. =)

Happy Deepavali, Selamat Hari Raya Adilfitri to everyone in advance!

Heehee, I think my happy mood is getting infectious. A few days ago I actually went back to hall humming and singing after my last lesson in NIE for this semester, I faked fire-drill in an attempt to wake up the two sleepy-heads in my room (it was already 10.40am!) and then went to do my laundry early in the morning. Was just in such good mood (my roomie can verify this), I wonder why. But in fact after my exams was over on Sat, I felt kind of lost and there's a slight feeling of sadness. Believe me or not, this always happen after the exams. Hmm..so in a way, I’m really sadistic, I love to torture myself such that the only motivation for me on a normal weekday is catching “The Champions” at 9pm daily. Ha!

Anyway, I spent most of the weekend packing and shopping. Oh, how I love the suitcase! It’s the first time I’m really using one as all my previous trips overseas 'coincidentally' have something to do with 'cheonging' into either the mountains or the sea, so I would be mad if I carried a suitcase with me. Instead of stuffing my long sleeved t-shirts, mosquito coils, insect repellant and sleeping bag into my backpack, this time round I can gleefully select all my nice clothing and fold them neatly into the suitcase. =)

Last night, we had our ‘foursome’ monthly gathering again. But instead of going to the kopitiam at Boon Lay this time, we met up nearer to home at Civics centre in Woodlands (the northerners are more likely to know where), outside Macdonald’s. The place was supposed to be closed at 11pm, but we were lucky enough to sit there till 12.30am. And in the end we adjourned to a 24-hours kopitiam again, just opposite my place. Argghh, we had really down-graded to the ‘ah-peks’ standard, meeting at kopitiam(s) all around the island!

Oh yah, this time round our most wonderful driver wasn’t driving a mercs but her brother’s CRV, a jeep-liked vehicle. It was really comfy but on the way from Woodlands to my place, we met up with this major roadblock along Gambas Ave. We were totally ‘wow-ed’ by the number of traffic police motorbikes and police cars lining along the road, there were at least 10 of them! I didn’t dare to take out my digicam and take a few shots. And it was lucky that the only alcohol we’ve consumed was from Aileen’s rum and raisins chocolate. Of course, we were trying our best to look innocent when the car stopped. Unexpectedly, the police officer leaned in and said “Miss, can you please switch on your headlights?” It was only then that YZ realized that her headlights weren’t on all this time! Of all things.. *LOL* I really couldn’t stop myself from feeling amused. Luckily she doesn’t read my blog, if not she would refuse to give me a lift home on our next gathering. =P

Aiyah, there's nothing really unique about the blog tonight. Hopefully I'll have wonderful photos to share with everyone when I'm back! Ciao..

No comments: