Tuesday, November 23, 2004

In the evening, Hock Sui brought us to a shopping centre in the suburb for 'late night shopping'. In Perth (and many parts of Australia I think), most of the shops close at 5pm and the streets are usually deserted by 8pm. The only days when people can do their shopping in the evenings are on Thursday nights (in the suburbs) or Friday nights (in the city). Do you realised that we are usually doing 'late night shopping' for the whole of our life? The lack of nightlife in Perth is somehow quite daunting for youngsters like me, if I ever migrate.

This is also the first and only shopping centre that I've seen and been to in Perth. Most of the shops there are in rows along the streets and they don't 'group' so many shops into a single building like our Takashimaya, Jurong Point etc...

Was excited about the shopping trip initially, till I realised that the only things worth buying are foodstuff as the clothes there are similar to what we have here yet in bigger sizes and its more expensive there. Read this: I didn't buy any single piece of clothes when I was there.

Inside the shopping centre..
Posted by Hello

No comments: