Friday, October 03, 2003

The door and the specs

Guess you wouldn't know this. A newly fixed and painted door which is equipped with a new lock cost $285. It's really fast.. after reading through the adverts and calling up the person, the guy will come within hours and show you the brochures to look for the design you like. Next day, the door is fixed within half an hour by the headman, leaving lots of wood shavings on the floor. And later on, another person will come and paint the door for you. Okay, so now I have the newest and prettiest door in the house..duh.. Ever since we've moved in, it's quite awkwardly fixed to the room so nobody can close the door properly (except for me), but now it's working beautifully. And of course it looks like it haven't been changed, except for the lock. We chose back the exact same colour and design so that it will look too odd and outstanding from the rest of the rooms in the house. Of course, my parents paid for all these..heh heh...

On Monday, I realised that I've left my specs in OBS. Haiz.. must be that Miss Giam, she was sitting on my bed in the middle of the night, whining and refusing to go back to sleep. End up, I exchanged bed with her and in all that hoo-hah in the middle of the night, I forgot where I left my specs in the morning and came back without it. Not that I use it very often, but now I can't change out of my contact lenses until the very very last moment before I want to get into bed. Sometimes it's really uncomfortable, think I forgot to change my monthly disposable for a long time arleady. I'm practically blind without visual aids. Sigh.. Mum was nagging at me for that day but she promised to get a new pair for me soon.

No comments: