Sunday, March 01, 2015

Bui Bui Run with Gei Gei Running Club

Morning landscape with MBS
I happened to see a blog about GGRC last year and I realised another new running club was formed, with a humorous name coupled with local flavor.

I didn't make it to both their previous two organized run but I was glad that I could finally register and sign up for today's run. It's cute as we could choose our own bib no. I got it colour printed, placed in a transparent folder, punched holes and ready for the run.

I woke up really early at 535am, the same time as my usual weekdays waking hour. I've wanted to do a run with RD the previous day but I missed it as I arrived too late, therefore I told myself in exasperation that I should make sure I get to the venue on time. 





As I was walking to the Esplanade using Citylink, I saw some other runners with the bib we printed out on our own. We started chatting and located the rest of the group who were already gathered at the outdoor theatre area. I was surprised when we emerged from the Citylink and it was still dark outside. It was nice getting to town at this time of the day, when it is so much more quieter and everything was so serene.

We gathered for a briefing and group photo, then started the run heading towards Boat Quay, with the U turn point after roughly 2km at Liang Court. The group of runners were really fast, I had problems catching up with the runners in front of me although I was already pushing myself hard. Luckily, it was a really big group that day, therefore I was not too stressed since there were many others behind me.
Refreshment provided

After the U turn point, we headed back towards Esplanade and eventually reached River Hong Bao, the mid point where we took a rest and group photos again. The whole place was decorate with huge festive stuff and there's no better time to take photos than this, since there was nobody around. We took a really long rest as some time was spent taking group photos with two different backgrounds. We also did a headcount and there was more than 100 runners present that morning. Wow!We headed towards Nicoll highway next after running along the F1 gallery, I saw many participants of the Male Urbanathon as we ran past part of their route. I kept on running till I reached the U turn point at Nicoll highway and then headed back again. The fast runners around me had pushed me to outperform myself again, I ran 40 seconds faster than the 10k for Terry Fox Run and achieved a new PB. Yeah!


Kudos to the guys of Gei Gei Running Club for the really wonderful run, there were even fruits and refreshment provided after everything. I also admire the spirit of the organisers and some runners for taking so many photos, running after us with their heavy cameras, and they were even faster than me in their slippers.

I loved checking out the photos after the runs, there were so many of them for this event. :)


































No comments: