Sunday, February 22, 2015

Chinese New Year 喜气羊羊 Run with Running Department

On the third day of Chinese New Year, I was delighted when RD organised a CNY run in a new area that was considered quite near from my place (20min on MRT). I was skeptical if I could wake up early enough to run, but I was glad I made it.

Nice area to explore as I'm rarely here
We started from Bukit Gombak MRT, ran all the way to Farmart (a commercial farm in SG) and then turned back. There were lots of traffic light, the weather was hot and there was an upslope just before we took a long rest break, but I still enjoyed the run. I made some new friends, saw the uncle from the SCMS training runs last year and chatted with him happily.

Unfortunately, the area with the animals was not opened till 10am so we just gathered for a group photo (photo courtesy of RD)


We headed back to the MRT station after Farmart, when I reached I looked at my Garmin and realised it was 8.28km, still 600m short from my ideal 8.88km huat huat target, so I ran into Bukit Gombak Stadium and finally finished my run there!

Finally completed my 8.88km mission

After I finally finished my run, I headed back to the area where the guys were. Terence from RD was handing out Ang Pow and at first look, I really thought it was a toto ticket inside! I had to go out to 拜年 later that day so I left the group shortly after that. I learnt from my friend later that the number inside was actually for a lucky draw. Thanks to RD for coming up with something so fun and creative for us. Looking forward to my next run with them!
Creative cute Ang Pow

More pictures by RD and Uncle Tan, thanks!












No comments: