Monday, December 29, 2003

Blogs
The best blogs are often the ones that are so frank, so true about sucky days, sucky feelings and everything..written in the best kind of language known as Singlish. I'm quite amused by Renee's blog whenever she update it, quite impressed by how well Aileen can convey how she feels and how Danping can be so candid even in her blog. Reading someone's blog which is updated frequently, probably you will feel like you know the person very well. There's one link on the left of my blog that belongs to a stranger (someone I don't know personally), a medical student from NUS who probably doesn't know that her blog is linked up unless she did some programming to her page. She's definitely a intelligent individual, judging by what she study...full of opinions for things. But just by reading her blog, I feel that she probably will not be a close friend of mine even if I know her personally. Haha..

LOTR III and Mona Lisa's smile
Over the past one week, we managed to catch two movies in a row. It was amazing how people were all in a hurry to book LOTR tickets, and we had gotten it without doing any prior booking just two days after it started screening officially..and it was a Saturday too. Initially we had intended to watch 'Love actually' which is a romantic comedy recommended by Liangying, but too bad it was a sold-out when we reached Lido and we managed to book LOTR tickets at Yishun 10 instead. Have to admit that LOTR is a must-watch but at that point of time was a bit disappointed as my initial plan was to enjoy a light comedy with romantic elements (though danping said that it was a bit dumb) instead of watching the action-filled mega block buster. Nevertheless LOTR was an excellent show.. I mean, what else can you expect with Aragon and Legolas running around? It's just bit sad that from next year onwards, we can't look forward to the LOTR during the christmas seasons anymore, as that's the end of the trilogy. Re-read my earlier blogs and realised that I've been reading Book I (The fellowship of the Ring) since Jan this year, and right now my book had gone missing without allowing me to finish reacing it. Sigh.. I'm wondering if I should get a replacement of the book and try to finish the whole series in the next coming year. Hmm..maybe that should be my target for 2004. Hahaha..

On Christmas day, Hock Sui and I went to catch another show (I think there's quite a lot of good shows recently) and we got a very good bargain as we watched a very good movie 'accidentally'. Didn't know anything about Mona Lisa's smile before that, and I didn't even know that it was a new movie by Julia Roberts till we scanned through the movie posters, as we were at a dilemma of which movie to choose from. Was rather disappointed that we missed 'Love Actually' again, and I'm not keen to watch Infernal Affairs III as I didn't catch the first two parts. Went into the cinema with quite low expetations but came out quite glad that we had just seen a very touching and inspiring show. Only after the show then I realised that I had actually caught a sneak preview, as the official screening of the movie is only starting on 31st December. As I was watchinghe show, the film took me a long way back down my own memory lane, and reminded me a lot of my school days in a girls' school. It's not so much of the life of the girls, and their behaviour in the female college.. but it was the thinking and mindset that I had back then. Always thought that I would like to become a woman who's successful, liberal and progressive like Julia Roberts in the show. She's a damn great teacher who don't believe in getting married and that's against the socials norms since it's supposed to be the 50s'. That's exactly what I thought I'll become, a great teacher.. and never a housewife. I realised where I am now is a far-cry from my ideal years ago, and somehow part of the ideals had changed. Nevertheless, the movie is quite touching and it had gave me some encouragements to work harder towards where I dreamt to be. Recommended.

No comments: