Monday, October 09, 2023

Just a random post

Something weird happened recently, my eye suddenly got infected with a stye and it was a pretty bad one, which forced me to take two days MC from work. It started when P finally came back from PH after a long 5 weeks vacation. 

My eyes got tired easily and it hurt to keep it opened

After a few days of the infection, it got worse instead of getting better and I finally decided to see a doctor as it got very tiring to keep my eye opened. Doc put me on antibiotics and gave me some cream. I decided to take the day off from school as I was finally going for my KKH appt to start looking into something that had been bothering me this year, but that is again another story. 


Got worse instead of getting better

I really thought I would get better after a day of staying at home, but on Thursday night the swollen part got worse instead and I had no choice but to enjoy the unintended long weekend. Luckily the doc offered to give me 2 days MC and I decided to just take it for such just in case situation. The antibiotics, ointment and the hot compress that I was putting on my eye was not helping. 


Ugly :(

The next day was Mid Autumn festival and we celebrated with the folks. The stye swelled and the bump got even bigger, I got worried when I saw that it was so big and painful, and there seemed to be pus inside. I decided to go back to the doc the next morning and hopefully he will do something about it. There was a super long queue when we went to the clinic at 10 am so we registered and asked the clinic assistant to give me a call when it was near our turn. We also had to go back to KKH to collect medicine for my monthly condition so we headed there while waiting. Just as we were getting back home from KKH, the clinic called and I went back to see the doc. He kept saying that it didnt look good (which was obvious) and he gave me a jab on my butt plus stronger antibiotics. 

There is a belief that we should try to get the pus out as it's a sign that infections are getting better when the pus appear. P was against the idea but it kept haunting me so much that I tried poking with needle though it was still quite painful to do so. Over the next day, the pus finally ooze out slowly and the ugly eye finally got better. Phew! 

On afterthought, I'm not sure how the blocked gland and infection came about, but I had lash extension forcefully removed by my itchy hand just a few days before it started so that could be the reason. :(

No comments: