Sunday, October 29, 2023

A lazy weekend

This is the first weekend of the year when I can really say that I have no work or markings on hand to clear. I've returned everything to the kids for revision and been leisurely spending the past few days in school finding things to mark and clear or tidy up. Anyhow, I thought I better work hard at my workouts and diet plans this weekend and try to get below 60kg again before we go overseas for a month. We are now exactly a month away from the trip! 

I did get to 58.2kg somewhere in late August when P was not around, but the trip to Taiwan with my girl friends in early September left me in digit 6 again, sigh! For the whole weekend, the scale stayed at 60kg and did not budge 0.1kg less for me to reach my target, but I would say I didnt really indulge either. 

I woke up on Sat morning munching on some snacks and P finally heated up his tinola after he woke up and I ate some pieces of those chicken with a bit of rice. We wanted to do our walks since Friday evening but we took turns to nap though I got home really early and we missed the timing to do our walk on Friday night. I ended up knocking out early before 11pm on Friday although I thought I'll just take a nap while waiting for P.

On Saturday evening, we couldnt decide what's for dinner and P suggested mookata and then we'll go for our walk after. We took our own sweet time going out of the house and by the time I finished my mookata order, it was 11.02pm when I headed to the cashier for payment. To our horror, we were informed the last order was at 11pm! We were in a really bad mood and walked in total silence as we did not get to eat dinner and P was not in the mood for anything else. Fortunately, we still finished the 4km+ walk (with iced milo in my tummy) and then P made some bread later that night while I cooked half a packet of Shin ramyun (with egg and cheese for protein).

His favourite ikura gunkan

Grilled soy cod fish

$13 Venchi gelato dessert

I only slept at 4am (updating last year's trip blog) and P slept at 6.30am, so he woke up late again. I only had some snacks in the morning and heading back to bed to nap at 2pm. After waking up, we decided to head to MBS to make use of his monthly $100 voucher at Sen of Japan. We were there quite early, I think it was before 6pm and it was good that we reached before the dinner crowd as we did not make any reservations. We topped up $40 cash for the orders and then headed to Venchi to get an ice cream for sharing.

The flyer at dusk

One love Asian Festival

My favorite skyline

Always loved the vibes here

We finished the ice cream and headed towards GBTB for our walk. It was a windy night and there were dark clouds, we thought it would rain but it didnt. There were lots of tourists and foreigners walking towards the barrage and we only did a short 1km+ and then headed back to MBS again. It got a bit more humid as the dark clouds cleared but I was still glad there were some wind. P went into MBS to look for his friend for a short chat while I continued my walk towards Fullerton.

Being in this area always remind me of COVID years, as we stayed more than 40 nights in MBS over the three years, the last being 31/12/2022, I think we were really lucky even though they stopped giving us the free nights after that. I'm really really glad everything is back to normal again after COVID as I still prefer all the traveling that we can do and plan now, even though it made us so so broke. I met up with P again at 8.30pm and we headed home. The ikura gunkan from Sen of Japan seemed to shrink quite a bit and we thought we would still go to mookata after getting home, but we got sleepy and and the ice cream had already filled our tummy after the walk. 

I missed my GEWR HM this morning but I'm glad I still managed to do 10km of walks this weekend. With my anemic body now, it's so hard to get back into jogging and running, but I need to buck up and start preparation for Nagoya if I really want to go back to my overseas runcation. 

No comments: