Wednesday, May 05, 2021

Hope and optimism


 I'll dedicate this day to explore my second strongest character strength. Hope. This is important especially in times of this never ending pandemic that has been affecting the whole world for over a year. I'm glad that I have this strength in me, as it contributes a lot to my general well-being. 

My two strongest strengths, hope and gratitude, are particularly connected with high levels of happiness. I'm sleepy right now, so I'll just make a note below and post whatever interesting stuff I've found out about HOPE and I'll on it another brand new day soon.  

Here are some tips from the science of positive psychology to help you start flexing your hope muscle!

  1. Visualize your best possible self one year from now. This might be your best self in a relationship, at work, in your community or just everyday life. Consider how to use your highest character strengths to reach your best possible self.
     
  2. Set a goal you would like to accomplish. Boost your hopeful thinking by writing down at least three ways to reach your goal, as well as the many reasons why you can reach it.
     
  3. Journal about one good event and one bad event in your life each week. Consider why the good events will last and how they relate to the actions you take. Then consider why the bad events will pass, why they are limited in their effect and why you aren’t completely to blame.

No comments: