Sunday, November 02, 2014

Wonderful running experiences in October

This is a late post, I have the content in mind but just kept putting them off for the past two weeks.

After the demoralising run at Straits Times Run at the hub, I had a series of good runs following my long training run in ECP.

(Photo taken from Running Department FB)


Once again, I joined the pacers for the Standard Chartered Marathon for a 2 hour timed run at Adidas Store, this time we started from Suntec City Mall. I followed the same pace group as before, and since I managed to finish a 18km run earlier, I felt more confident about keeping up with the pace. In fact, after the first 10km, I followed some other groups on the return journey and managed to complete the 15km in 1h 55min. After the first training run at MBS, it felt really good that I was able to complete the whole training route this time round. After a few runs with the Running Department, I also made some friends from the group and we encouraged one another through these trainings.



(Photo taken from Running Department FB)



After the run, we could buy some apparels from Adidas shop at 20% discount, so I picked up two running tops. I really like the black-pink combination and this is the outfit the SCMS ladies pacers had been putting on for the training runs, I've decided to get it as the colour and the design is so cool.


After the training, I went to collect my Newton Challenge racepack. They have this promotion going on and I've gotten a new pair of Newton shoes with a new 2XU compression shorts at $249. I had been thinking about getting new shoes to alternate between my Asics for running, had been resisting the urge but couldnt stop myself when I saw the promotion, I think I shaved $50 off the usual price by getting the two items in a bundle at the race expo. My wallet was really bleeding after splurging that day but I felt really happy.

Review about my new Newton shoes coming up in the next post...


No comments: